Square Tails Opener - April 23rd 2010

Leecher

My god :w00t:.... manage to get out fishing on softwater after a long awaited time lapse from the icy counter-top LOL I was real glad to get out there and was a real tough day trying for them square tails. The cold front that kicked in last night, really put a damper on the bite.... was 1 for 3, and at least did not come back empty B)

Put a little video together.... Don't laugh about the "SO EM" statement....it does come up often LOL enjoy!!!

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/leechman1/2010/Trout%20Opener%20April%2023rd/SpeckleOpener.flv">

Edited by Leechman

cold front specks with bluebird skies,, tough fishin'. you got a nice brookie , WTG! just a tease , opener and all. keep 'em comin'.

cheers.

Thanks waterwolf!!! Not a cloud in the sky but the wind was brutal.... kept changing direction on us :blink: Going back soon for some more but will wait on the new moon phase :good:

Great Report Leechman!

I'm itching for trout opener myself. :) I'll be leaving at 4:00 am to hopefully hook into some steel!

Thanks Tibbs!!! Good luck to you tomorrow :good: Hope you have better luck than I had today.... was real tough bite to say the least :(

At least you didn't get skunked Jacques are you trying to get your own show on WFN. :canadian:

Thanks Mike!!! Yeah just got that one after switching lures..... Caught it on the walleye rig (white slip bobber type). There was a lot of locals fishing yesterday and not too many hooked some.

About the show.... no not too good in front of the CAM.... uummm too much LOL just having fun :canadian:

Great Video Jacques, tough bite eh? yeah...it happens...but you got one , that helps. gotta love those mepps black fury...so effective for so many species...i even caught walleye on those last year when everything else was not working.

I should send you my raw video footage so you can do the production work...great job on the vid!

Great Video Jacques, tough bite eh? yeah...it happens...but you got one , that helps. gotta love those mepps black fury...so effective for so many species...i even caught walleye on those last year when everything else was not working.

I should send you my raw video footage so you can do the production work...great job on the vid!

Thanks Simon!!! Yeah them square tails were tight lipped yesterday but was real nice to be out and finally hook into one :) I tried the mepps for a little while and on my 4th or 5th cast, had a huge one follow it to shore and turned at the last second just missing the tip of the treble :wallbash:

I pretty sure it was a rainbow.... would of been nice to land that one. Oh well thems are the breaks I guess.... but there's always next time B)

Windows Movie Maker is a great little program to create vids.... I'm getting the hand of it I guess :canadian:

At least you got out fishing Jacques......catching a fish is always a Bonus........I'm stuck at home looking at birds flying around..... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Thanks Paul!!! It sure was nice to be out on the shoreline :) Good luck tomorrow.... hope you catch the piggy B)

nice fish jacques!!! cant wait to get out myself tommorow for some local brookies... :clapping:

Thanks Carl!!! Good luck tomorrow :Gonefishing::canadian:

Edited by Leechman

Wish I could see the video, it's not working for me.

You'll get 'em next time I'm sure Jacques.

Thanks Mike!!! Have you tried clicking on the play button at the bottom left??

What a difference from last year temp wise..... I think the moon phase had an effect on them. Last year was 7 for 8 and it was the day before the new moon.... This year, new moon was on 14th and got 1 for 3.... 11 1/2" incher B)

Ah well there's always next time.

Thanks again Mike!!!

Jacques

great queue carréee buddy.

keep up the good work.

Thanks Kev!!! Did you get my reply Friday??

Any day outdoors is a good day.

Thanks Bruce!!! I totally agree with that statement :)

nice leech awesome video

Thanks Corvy!!!