NF - UFC 68 Prognostications?!

charlesn

I know there are some big time MMA fans here looking forward to this weekend. The return of Ace and Matt Hughes, 2 tremendous fighters. I really hope both can rebound from dominating losses. The "main event" is more of an execution than a match-up. I just can't see how Couture can win against a guy that might have, 40? 50? lbs on him, a good 5-6 inches of reach advantage, strength advantage, KO power in both hands and very decent take-down defense.

I think Couture needs to pull a Randleman (in his KO of Cro-Cop). Fake a shoot and throw a haymaker over the top. Sylvia has never shown that much of a chin.

I just hope Couture doesn't get hurt, he's 44 years old and a legend of the sport but in this case he's just so totally overmatched. I guess the same coulda been said for Ken Shamrock, but watching him get pummeled is kinda funny. lol

Hughes I think will win, I just hope it's not a boring lay and pray type of fight. He needs to make an impact to earn a rematch with GSP.

Ace is fighting a canuck. So mixed emotions, but I just feel that he is so much better of a fighter than he showed against Silva the first time around. I'd like to see him get a rematch. He'll need to be in top form though as McDonald is dangerous and a lot of fighters are somewhat changed (mentally especially) after absorbing a thrashing the calibre of the one he took from Silva.

Charles

Well I really hope Couture lays a beating on Silvia, that guys last fight was pathetic. It was a kicking and slapping fight.

That is really the only fight I care to see, I'm sure the other fights will be good though.

Rob C

I think that if Couture can get inside Silvias reach and lay some Roman -Greco on him, Sylvia will be in for a long night. On the othewr hand, if Sylvia can keep his distance, Randy will get dropped ala Liddel/couture 2+3.

I wont be surprised if Franklin and Hughes both lost. But I also wont be surprised if they both win. Both guys are coming back from not just losses, but complete destruction. So who knows, they'll either come back strong , or timid.

I do hope MacDonald wins.

Couture couldnt take out Liddell again ... there's n oway he can take out Tim Syvlia, he's just too big and powerful. I would love for Randy to pull of an upset, but it won't happen. Sylvia by 1st round TKO, maybe rd. 2.

Hughes will TKO Lytle in Round 1.

Franklin TKO on MacDonald in round 1.

Babalu will submit Lambert in Rd. 2.

McFedries will KO Martin Kampmann

Hamill will win a decision over Holman.

Jon Fitch will win a decision over Luigi Fioravanti

Gilliam will win a decision over Jamie Varner.

And Gleison Tibau will submit Jason Dent. My predictions here on OFC.

I think Couture needs to pull a Randleman (in his KO of Cro-Cop). Fake a shoot and throw a haymaker over the top. Sylvia has never shown that much of a chin.

Charles

Sylvia has shown a great chin. The shot he took from Arlovski in the second fight was one of the hardest punches I've seen anyone take. Not to mention he got right back up and proved that AA's chin is much worse.

Couture couldnt take out Liddell again ... there's n oway he can take out Tim Syvlia, he's just too big and powerful. I would love for Randy to pull of an upset, but it won't happen. Sylvia by 1st round TKO, maybe rd. 2.

Hughes will TKO Lytle in Round 1.

Franklin TKO on MacDonald in round 1.

Babalu will submit Lambert in Rd. 2.

McFedries will KO Martin Kampmann

Hamill will win a decision over Holman.

Jon Fitch will win a decision over Luigi Fioravanti

Gilliam will win a decision over Jamie Varner.

And Gleison Tibau will submit Jason Dent. My predictions here on OFC.

The only choice of yours I completly disagree with is McFedries over Kampmann. I think it will be completely reversed.

I'd also like to see JMac take it farther then the 1st.

All i gotta say is that Vera should be fighting Sylvia not Couture... Its all about money and its sad, vera deserves a shot against sylvia, and to me it looks like hes is the one to beat him.. hes agressive and submit and ko his opponents...

when i saw that couture was coming back to fight, i was like what the heck!! couture should be an undercard in this fight working his way up the ladder like everyone else... not getting a damn titleshot in his first fight... so i hope couture gets his butt kicked so vera can finally have his shot, vera vs crocop is a great fight btw..

Vera doesn't have a contract with UFC right now (I think). I think he wanted more than Dana was willing to pay. Couture may not be the best of all time, but he's certainly legendary enough to be given main event status. If you compare Couture's pedigree to Tito's, it's very obvious that Couture is more of a headliner than Tito and when is the last time you saw Tito on an undercard.

I think he's gonna get beat down unless he gets real lucky or Sylvia just totally gasses.

Charles

Lets face it, Couture does not have the best record but he sells tickets . Because of that he will never fight on an undercard again.

Vera is a good fighter but does not have a contract right now with the UFC. I think he may be fighting in another organization

Well Charles -I've made some really good predictions like Liddell/ Couture 2 however I've also been totally wrong on Henderson /Silva 2 , so you just never know, Hughes usually comes back well after a loss, so I think he will prevail, It will be interesting to see how Ace comes back after a devasting loss, I believe he'll win, as for Couture /Silvia its hard to say but ,I'm the same age as Randy, while I feel good , I know I'm not as fast and strong as I was at 28 I think Silvia will overpower him, cant wait for Cro-cop vrs. Silvia!

I think Tim will be too big for Randy but you never know

your picks seem right but my buddy Luigi Fioravanti is going to destroy Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann will KO Mcfredies

Jon Fitch is one of the best welterweights in the game right now, but being in such a stacked division, with guys like St. Pierre, Hughes, Penn, Sanchez, Koscheck, Parysian... no one gets to see him. Luigi will be much bigger than Fitch having fought before at 185, but although Fioravanti has hands of steel, Fitch is much more rounded, and I think he will take a decision.

As for Kampmann/McFedries... Kampmann is a much better technical fighter, having submitted Wallace and picked apart Thales Leites in his last fight, but when has he shown us any power ?? His striking is almost as technical and precise as Anderson Silva, but not with KO power. If this fight goes past round 2, Kampmann will take a decision. If not, McFedries who will be a HUGE middleweight, will land a KO right.

Kampmann has been working with the same striking coach as Dan Henderson. If you watched his fight with Silva last week you will have noticed a difference in Hendos hands.

As for the Fioravanti Vs Fitch fight. This is the fight I want to see the most. I am friends with Luigi and have seen his last 6 fights. He is alot better then people give him credit for. Fitch is a good fighter but after seeing him get the hell pounded out of him by Canadian Jeff Joslin and somehow winning a Bull dec I think Luigi's hands will be way too much for him.

Can't wait for the show

Luigi is a good fighter no doubt, but I see you're bias here. This fight should definitely not be on the undercard and I will be excited to see it. Fitch had a bad fight against Joslin agreed, because Joslin is brutal. My brother who is 17 and has a KOTC and UCW contract, has rolled with Joslin and says he's just terrible, so I'm not impressed with Fitch's decision win over him. However, I still give Fitch the advantage. Only time will tell though. I dont like Fitch, I just think he will win so I do hoenstly hope to see Luigi win, but he needs to work on more than just his hands to beat Jonny.

This is all good and everything, but I just fired up my satelite receiver and it would seem as though the wind has decided to reposition my dish over the last few weeks. I don't know what I am going to do to watch the fights now. Maybe I'll have to go to the local bar.

cd.