Rice Lake Perch Fishing.... With A Twist!!

toca

Hey there fellow fisherman and fisherwoman. Kinda excited to put my first post about Rice lake with my first White Fish And Speckle Trout I Ever Caught. They aint monsters but it was sure fun catching them after catching a majority of dinky perch.

So I had the day off wednsday and thought I head to Rice Lake With Better Equipment(Last time I went up I had medium heavy rod with 15pound braided with 10 pound fluro leader with fake worms). So half of my day at Rice was catching average size perch throwing most of them back in the water. The rest of the afternoon kinda surprised me because I ended up catching a speckle trout and white fish.

Anyways enjoy the pictures.

Cheers,

Retodd

whitefish.jpg

trout.jpg

Hey there fellow fisherman and fisherwoman. Kinda excited to put my first post about Rice lake with my first White Fish And Speckle Trout I Ever Caught. They aint monsters but it was sure fun catching them after catching a majority of dinky perch.

So I had the day off wednsday and thought I head to Rice Lake With Better Equipment(Last time I went up I had medium heavy rod with 15pound braided with 10 pound fluro leader with fake worms). So half of my day at Rice was catching average size perch throwing most of them back in the water. The rest of the afternoon kinda surprised me because I ended up catching a speckle trout and white fish.

Anyways enjoy the pictures.

Cheers,

Retodd

nice whitie i bet he tasted good :rofl2:

That is not a whitefish, it is a fallfish. That is a brook trout however.

Is that Rice Lake in the Kawarthas?

Uncommon catches from that area.

:dunno:

Have caught brookies from little tribs of Otonabee R. and Rice 20+ yrs. ago so who knows?

Teasing from the guys aside. The fish is a fallfish and they are somewhat common on Rice lake.

The speckled or brook trout (both common names) would be considered a rare catch for Rice lake as it is normally a fish that prefers cool water habitat. I would like to point out that the trout was not in season and hopefully it was released. The trout opener is this Saturday.

Edited by Michael Brown

Yes Its The One Up In The Kawartha's, And My Bad On The White Fish. I Threw Both Of Them Back In The Water Because I Knew About The Trout But The "Whitefish" wasnt sure if it was in season. They Only Reason It was in the bucket shot was because i wanted to take a picture of it before I threw it back. But it was fun to fight the two. The Things Where 8-10" long. Wish It Was A Muskie Though. So far in the past three years of fishing ive been 0-0 for muskie, pike, and rainbow trout.

Teasing from the guys aside. The fish is a fallfish and they are somewhat common on Rice lake.

The speckled or brook trout (both common names) would be considered a rare catch for Rice lake as it is normally a fish that prefers cool water habitat. I would like to point out that the trout was not in season and hopefully it was released. The trout opener is this Saturday.

Yeah Mike Thre It Back In The Lake. Knew About The Trout Opener on Saturday. I throw most of my fish back in the water and if im not to sure what kind of fish it is and if they are in season they go back in the water.

Cheers,

Retodd

Guest Johnny Bass

Oh is that what those things are? Fallfish? I thought they were called round whitefish. Used to catch tons of them when I was a kid. Really good scrappers!!!!Apparently they taste ok also.