Temagami here we come!

tonyb

Well this winter has absolutely flown by it seems. I remember a couple months ago worrying about being able to get out ice-fishing at all, now I am worried about the few trips that I will have left this hardwater season!

I am going to be spending the weekend in an on-ice bungalow on Lake Temagami with 5 other buds and we hope to get some fish onto the ice, provided we can arrive safely through this storm that is forecasted to hit today. <_<

I will have plenty of photos and possibly a short web video if we can get some footage (dependant on us finding the fish :lol:) for the report when we get back.

Either way we should have a good time. :thumbsup_anim:

Here's to wishing everyone a great weekend and wish us luck!

Tony

have a good time, theres tons of fish in that lake. the experience ive had there, is to make sure your moving around if there arent any fish under you hole. I know it sounds basic but sometimes the hunt operators leave the huts in one place all season no matter the quality of the fishing. Its to your benefit if you can get an atv or sled to check out different spots if the action slows.

what operator are you using?

John Harding, I think it is just John's Ice fishing charters...

We have a day hut to use that he has out there in addition to the bungalow. We also are bringing an auger and a portable hut so we can move around. Like you said, I don't trust the operator to stay on top of fish all season, but sometimes 50yrds can make all the difference.

Cheers,

Tony

i stayed exactly where your going!! the only thing we caught were ling in the evening. THe huts are cool but the fishing stunk. we had the same thing, he said there are walleye in the other hut and lakers in the bungalow. If you keep walking on the other side of the bungalow it gets close to 100ft i think, but we had trouble getting and lakers at all. tip-ups, spreaders, minnows, spoons everything. couldnt get anything until we moved to another spot just off the ice highway into temagami. We didnt have a sled so it was hard to move around but this other spot produced. it was just off the road where we parked the truck. as soon as we started fishing this other spot we were into fish so it all depends where you are. i also have heard from close friends of mine that there are a lot of crusing suspended lakers so be sure to keep an eye on your sonar and a minnow or spoon ready to drop down.

Have fun Tony...and remember to run out of gas so you're still there when we get there next Friday ! LOL

So you know...80% of the lakers and whities are being caught in 40FOW or less off the shoals. Not the usual 60 to 80 FOW of most years..so keep that in mind if John doesn't have you on fish.

Awesome! My goal this trip is to catch a Ling or Whitefish! I am really looking forward to the Ling fishing (call me crazy) :lol:

Half of our group including me ice-fish pretty seriously and we have all the tricks up our sleeves, it will just be a matter of moving until we find fish like you said. Hopefully the snow isn't too deep to make moving too much of a problem.

Did you guys drive your vehicles out to the bungalow, or does he take you out?

Thanks for the information from your experience woodro :D

Also, Thanks to Wayne for the tips from the fish to the bait and gas in that area, I think we will be just fine.

Tony

Edited by tonyb