NF Bob Cole, NHL play-by-play

chris.brock

How did our Sabres acquire Harry Neal............seriously, he just showed up one year after Jim Lorentz retired lol

I think it was a lifestyle thing for Harry. He has lived in the Buffalo area for years, and doing Sabres games meant a less rigorous travel schedule.

Has much as I liked them in the past, but now want them to retire, I think they would be two great guys to sit down and have a beer with. Harry's stories from his days coaching in the WHL are priceless.

I loved Harry's line. "the 20 000 vezina trophy winners in the stands think Belfour should of had that.". And who could forget kaberle's no shot clause in his contract. Harry rules.

Don't forget folks the game has got a lot faster for these old fellas and with the salary cap a lot of call ups and more temperary players so the rosters change a lot more. Wierd high numbers and more difficult names to pronounce. Maybe you guys are right there time has passed but I still have a lot of affection for the old guys

sorry for the grammer. Stupid iPhone

Bob Cole is the only announcer I knew growing up and I always wondered who would be the next one, he seemed old to me 20 years ago. His voice is a staple of my hockey watching days and CBC is doing the right thing by gradually phasing him out as opposed to the Chris Cuthurt way out. It's going to be tough to find someone to replace him as "The Voice" but I'm sure someone said the same about Foster Hewitt.

bucktail, on 21 April 2010 - 09:32 AM, said:

I have felt the same way for about 6 years now, he makes ALOT of errors in his calling of the game, especially players names. Too bad great announcer.

Still not as great as Dick Irvin tho, now I am showing my age.

They need to get the guy that does the major junior games. He started as the Belleville Bulls announcer many years ago....... Just cant remember his name.

Rob Faulds?

Peter Lombardius?...."He Skiiiiioooorrrr's"

Edited by muskybugged

I like Joe Bowen, he gets excited, always has a few laughs and seems like a nice guy.

"Holy Mackinaw", we've found our new play by play guy!

I hear you and I used to love Joe too. He was at his best when he was with Harry Neale, now that was classic TV.

The problem that I have with Joe now is that he essentially is a Leafs broadcaster and is super biased (Holy Mackinaw! the Leafs got it over the blue line!). And as I get more and more sick of the establishment, I consider homies a part of the problem (yah, I know he's getting paid by them).

And he also gets stuck with uber idiot Greg Millen. Do you know I actually heard Millen say during a Leafs Atlanta game (while Andropov was being booed by the Toronto fans) "I don't know why they're booing, he had a lot of good years here" Joe should have said "Holy Mackinaw, you're a dumb ass!"

Jim