Rice Lake Where ?

Afraz

Umm so yeah, i am thinking of hitting up rice lake, but as usual i am lazy and i don't want to fish for crappies and hustle them into bitting, I heard there is a pier in rice lake great for channel cats a huge carp. If this is true can someone direct me towards this location. I want to be able to land something with a bit of weight to it, oh if there are opportunites for large bluegills/perch i wouldn't mind getting into some of those either.

I hope i can get a reply within the next couple hours causethats when i'll be leaving.

Thanks

I tried Goers day before yesterday, horrible wind and the water level must havebeen like 2 feet deep LOL. I don't think there's any fish at goers LMAO !!

As for Harwood its only a smallie/walleye/crappie fishery. I dun want these fish, since two of them are OOS anyway. I want big cats and carp :D

Ok, next time you go to harwood, walk out on the rocks to the first gap. Put on a sliding egg weight, with a big circle hook about 18" below that. Jam as many worms on that as you can and cast it out in the channel. To the east. Set your rod in a holder, and start waiting. From shore, that's as good a spot as any for a shot at a cat or carp. If you think they're not there, its because your doing it wrong, because they are there. I"m no carp expert, but I think I'd use corn or something for them?? You'll have to ask someone else about them, I've never tried to catch one. You'll get cats though, that I"m sure of.

P.S. your welcome :)

S.

Ok, next time you go to harwood, walk out on the rocks to the first gap. Put on a sliding egg weight, with a big circle hook about 18" below that. Jam as many worms on that as you can and cast it out in the channel. To the east. Set your rod in a holder, and start waiting. From shore, that's as good a spot as any for a shot at a cat or carp. If you think they're not there, its because your doing it wrong, because they are there. I"m no carp expert, but I think I'd use corn or something for them?? You'll have to ask someone else about them, I've never tried to catch one. You'll get cats though, that I"m sure of.

P.S. your welcome smile.gif

S.

The silence...is deafening!!!!

Jhonny B ? you ditched us on OOD :(

but yea THANKS !!!

So there is a channel east of those rocks eh, i can probably paddle my inflatable out there, since the east side of the harwood landing thingy is usually calmer than the west side.

i've been fishing rice for almost 20 years and i've never heard any channel cats coming out of there... lots of bullheads though...

Have you ever fished for them there? They're in there. I'd fish closer to Hastings if I was targetting them though :whistling:B)

S.