Shimano Curado 300 pricing

Rizzo

A few weeks back there was a thread about musky reels...got me thinking my wife should treat me next birthday to a new reel! The shimano curado 300 seemed to get a great review by OFC'ers. My problem is with dial up it takes me an eternity to load some of the websites to check out pricing. Anyone know an approximate price on this reel and a good place to pick one up? Thanks

A few weeks back there was a thread about musky reels...got me thinking my wife should treat me next birthday to a new reel! The shimano curado 300 seemed to get a great review by OFC'ers. My problem is with dial up it takes me an eternity to load some of the websites to check out pricing. Anyone know an approximate price on this reel and a good place to pick one up? Thanks

Rizzo,

A buddy bought a 300 a few months ago on-line from the states for a little over $200....I'll try to get more info for you..

when I saw where you were from I figured you might have stopped in for the sale! Thanks to everyone for their replies...I'd still be waiting for the BPS site to load

Curious - pros and cons btwn a curado and calcutta (aside from the shape/size, which i don't have a preference for either way)??

a good question. I just went to my local tackle shop if they could order one in, and the curado 300E I saw in the catalogue sure didn't look like the musky reels I'm used to! I told the lady to keep looking because i want a musky reel (ie pop can)! The only curado 300 she could come up with was a low profile thing in green. I guess this is the reel people swear by? I also briefly looked at calcutta's in the catalogue. Looked like the only one in my price range might be a Calcutta 200 (??) I forget the exact mode but it wasn't too much over $200.00 if I remember correctly

bosh thanks for providing that link (the page actually opened fairly quickly) I see that is the same curado I was looking at, also see the lower cost calcutta's on that page. I've got 2 friends who want to try giving musky a go as well. Might set them up with a Cardiff, price seems reasonable for a beginner package. I had thought a 6500 would be the way to go for them, but the price she had on a 6500 was up over $200. I didn't know they had gotten that costly!

bosh thanks for providing that link (the page actually opened fairly quickly) I see that is the same curado I was looking at, also see the lower cost calcutta's on that page. I've got 2 friends who want to try giving musky a go as well. Might set them up with a Cardiff, price seems reasonable for a beginner package. I had thought a 6500 would be the way to go for them, but the price she had on a 6500 was up over $200. I didn't know they had gotten that costly!

no worries on the link.

$200 for a 6500 what? abu c3? If so that pricing is out to lunch!

also not sure this is totally what you are after either but it seems like a good deal.

Cabelas has a quantum cabo 20 low profile for sale for like $89 us. It is a saltwater reel with a really high line capacity. I would imagine it would be pretty durable. I can't get the link here from work but it is is the bargain cave section of the U.S. site. I was thinking about it myself but I cant figure out if the 20 series has a baitclicker or not.

a good question. I just went to my local tackle shop if they could order one in, and the curado 300E I saw in the catalogue sure didn't look like the musky reels I'm used to! I told the lady to keep looking because i want a musky reel (ie pop can)! The only curado 300 she could come up with was a low profile thing in green. I guess this is the reel people swear by? I also briefly looked at calcutta's in the catalogue. Looked like the only one in my price range might be a Calcutta 200 (??) I forget the exact mode but it wasn't too much over $200.00 if I remember correctly

http://www.tackletour.com/

Great site for some comparables, although might not be dial-up friendly.

The curado 300 is rated very high. I have a calcutta TE and a curado 300 and like them both very much.

Edited by kickingfrog

Ron that price appears to be unbeatable, but Oshawa is a bit too far for me!

Kickingfrog that link was definitely not dial-up friendly, but worth the wait. Read the reviews where they ranked it against 3 other higher priced reels and the curado came out on top. looks like a good value...now to find a rod to match it up with...