Couple Pics

l2p

Headed out for a couple hours just to wet the line since it was so nice out today.

Needed to get some practice in for next weekend. Managed a couple fish along with plenty of suckers.

first fish on the new pin

Picture310.jpg

Picture313.jpg

Picture319.jpg

thought somethin was odd about this sucker, cant put my finger on it though.

it hit a chartreuse worm that i was fishing shallow cause i didnt want anymore suckers

but it came up and took the worm, also had a pointier nose than all the other suckers i caught.

Picture322.jpg

i also caught a 3 inch minnow on the same worm... somehow..

Picture324-2.jpg

Edited by l2p

Nicely done Mark...I've caught a fair number of those pointy nose suckers from western Lake O tribs...Ironically I've never caught from eastern tribs :dunno:

I've become a course fish connoisseur over the years trying to catch as many species of suckers as I can.LOL

You still have your black loomis pin?

Edited by MJL

haha knew it! that sucker is from the west sidee lol. i caught it at an east trib it had a different colouration from the rest of the suckers plus those dots on its tail... wierd.

i sold that pin yeaaars ago... wish i never did tbh. i still have my black sst and have decided not to let it go.

Dem's some nice bright looking steelies. thumbsup_anim.gif

This one appears to be a Longnose Sucker and would you believe I don't ever recall catching one in the western Ontario tribs but they're numerous in Georgian Bay and Lake Huron tribs. Up that way they're often referred to as Mullet, don't ask me why. dunno.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longnose_Sucker

Picture322.jpg

Cool, thanks for the info. I knew there were several different species of suckers around.

my first thought was a redhorse sucker but i dont think so now.. it had redish sides cant really tell from pic

and it fought ALOT harder than any old regular sucker, this thing went up down sidways just like a bulldogging steelie

exept it wasnt haha