Name that landmark...

irishfield

Yah...I was hopin she was on line to say "HEY THAT'S MY HOUSE"..but she's not.

What does this peninsula of land belong to? and for bonus can anyone name the larger inland lake in the top/right quarter of the second shot.

awpp.jpg

awpp2.jpg

Nope the second shot is taken looking South/East..and you can see both Penetang and Midland Harbours in the top of the picture...heck I can even see the narrows to go into Matchedash Bay on the horizon.

So now that Martin has gone to dig out his GBay Charts....in the first picture...that is Beausoleil Island in the top right qt of the picture and I'm headin East at this point..

Edited by irishfield

Park is correct and sorry..just grabbed my own charts and didn't realize that was called Methodist Point Figured that would be over by Methodist Island LOL. Lake is wrong though. Kettle and Pine I believe are the two lakes in the park. What is the bigger lake to the right of them.

Edited by irishfield

I love to fish around thunder bay and Christian Island, awesome salmon fishing, and very close to shore. Too bad so many poorly marked gill nets. Irish, other than Cedar Pointe, where else can you launch a boat (14') around that area?

Love to start going back up there again this year, but that launch at Cedar Point is brutal.

Rob C

Not sure where else, if any you can launch Rob. Don't think there is a launch on the Sawlog Beach end of Champlain Road. Cedar point is your only safe hope in a 14'r though with the shelter of Christian Island from the main lake

The Lake in the picture is Farlain Lake or Cook's Lake for the older folks that know it. I lived on it in a cottage, without indoor plumbing, the first year we had the plant in town. Leah hand dug a tile bed, I renovated the whole place and drove a sand point well. 20 years later I wish I still had it.

This Island is a favourite for bikini watchin and swimmin. Someone may wade out to you and say "$10 for mouring on Indian Land".

bwi.jpg

Correct Martin. These are freebees. Thunder Beach looking in and Thunder beach looking out with Christian Island left, Beckwith right and Hope Island behind it...and open water as far as the eye can see. That ship will be breakin out of Midland Harbour in no time...

Thunderbeach.jpg

thunderbeachchristianisland.jpg

LOL WJ...not much to hit up there and the airplane purdy much flies itself..or at least it seems to after 12 years in the same bird.

I'm confident most here know that last picture is the longest fresh water beach...Wasaga and Woodland and Bluewater closest in the shot..

What is the name of the "bump" in the beach's curve?

Just a question Wayne. Almost every day out fishing I see at least 1 or 2 planes fly over fairly low and I usually always wave. ( I'll keep an eye out for your green machine )

Do you see us waving ? :dunno:

I'm confident most here know that last picture is the longest fresh water beach...Wasaga and Woodland and Bluewater closest in the shot..

Grew up in the Beach area a didn't even get that one. :lol:

Edited by GbayGiant