Name that landmark...

irishfield

Sure now you tell me Mikeh ! LOL Double light there actually...or at least there was the last time I paid attention.

As for the picture..no I said Georgian Bay, after you've gone well past Admiral trolling. I put the Six Mile to Gloucester in the "new boat/six mile" thread.

Also note the slush in the picture. The only lake that didn't look tretcherous for slush is Six Mile..so stay on the trails if you're heading out on the lakes.

ANOTHER hint for this one. Use to be an exit off hwy 69 named after this spot...

Edited by irishfield

I do the same thing to this day Raf. Always look out to see if the place on the island to the right is STILL for sale. Yes this is the lock out of Little Lake/Gloucester Pool into Georgian Bay...flowing under the 400 bridges. You can see it a bit in the picture...but my full size picture has an neat optical illusion to it. Looks like snow is flowing out from between the two roadways and the channel to the left actuall looks like a waterfall flowing from the Gbay side down into the area between the locks and the bridges.

Oh and remember that area between the bridges and the locks is a sancutuary for part of the season guys..at least the area where the bypass flow is coming in from the right.

What were you saying Jersey Dog....

wab.jpg

This is looking in at Waub and Matchedash Bay. The "clutter" in the lower part of the pic is around a hundred huts. Anyone fishing here be very cautious of the extreme current under the ice here. Could be a foot thick where you're standin and 2 inches three feet away.

Edited by irishfield

Yes and no Lew. The older building in the foreground is Oak Ridges..prison for those that claimed to be insane when they committed their crime. Basically the most dangerous offenders in Canada..murderers etc. The "ferris wheel" is the new super jail for 2 years less a day and for holding scum like the mother that killed her two kids in Barrie last year while she awaits trial.

Midland Harbour in top of pic and I took the shot from about where your Dad rented the cottage years ago.

Here's a better shot of the entire PRIME Penetang Waterfront property...that we effectionately refer to as the "Penetang Hilton" around here. At least they don't come up from Barrie on Tuesdays to do labotomies(sp) anymore.....

bughousepoint.jpg

Edited by irishfield

LOL Tackle Buster...right answer... 20 hours late! That's why I typed find the lastest picture before answering below that shot of the marine rail.

Now...do you guys/gals want me to continue...or should I just shut up now???

Yep ADM Milling. Smells like porrage most of the time on the waterfront.

BTW..here's a better shot of the mural for those that have never seen it..

mural.jpg

Which OFC'rs house is this with the BIG fence around the yard.

mh.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Midland Harbour in top of pic and I took the shot from about where your Dad rented the cottage years ago.

Our cottage was actually right on the north shore of the bay Wayne, sorta kitty-corner from the prison.

There's a big white wooden cross on the shore, supposedly marking the spot where the indians killed some Jesuit priests back in the day.......we were about 500' west of the cross.

Be great to see an aerial picture if you have one.

I didn't type that too clear Lew. Midland harbour was in the top of the picture frame. Where I was in the airplane when I took the picture was right over top of the cross location on the North shore of Penetang Harbour where it dog legs out to open waters...about where you dad rented your hideaway.

Best I can do for now Lew. Will get a closer shot of the shoreline if I get out again.

pentangharbour.jpg

and looking North up Penetang Bay to the shore you were on

penetangharbour2.jpg

Edited by irishfield

OK Wayne, thanks, I've got it figured out now, it's a totally different perspective from the air.

We had a few good years up there when we were kids.

I actually took my bike up there a few years ago and toured the whole area. Started in Penetang and went up the west shore to where the cross is, then back to town and up the east shore to the hospital.

Lots of changes, but plenty of good memories too.