Purchased My First Centerpin Today

laszlo

Congrates Laz...your goin to love the fight ....now place the bets on whether or not he lands his first bow on the pin....if i remember correctly when you decided to play with the bows i bet against you landing your first hook up.....but you did .....so ...im going to say ...you will land the first on the pin....hows that for faith?..lol...

take your time youll get the hang of it ..

Edited by Twocoda

Congrates Laz...your goin to love the fight ....now place the bets on whether or not he lands his first bow on the pin....if i remember correctly when you decided to play with the bows i bet against you landing your first hook up.....but you did .....so ...im going to say ...you will land the first on the pin....hows that for faith?..lol...

take your time youll get the hang of it ..

Myagi...that's a lot of pressure to live up to.

I hope your right! That day might be Mon. or Tues. morning when the river comes down.

def learn the wallis cast as quick as possible, as mentioned, the side cast will cause you more headaches in the long run due to line twist....

pft, fancy Wallis casters!!!!!!!

I used to have an issue with line twist until I started to run a swivel above my float. Now it's a non issue.

Congrats Laszlo, it's a riot man... Definitely a fun way to fish..

Edited by BillM

I just came back from practising in the river behind my place. I can see why many use the side cast as it came

to me pretty easily. The wallis cast...hmmm...not so much.

I will stick with it because I really don't want to deal with the line twisting.

I wasn't able to get it more then 10 feet in front of me and my aim seemed to always land way

to the right. I retrieve with my left and hold the rod with my right.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

Laz if your side casting you might find it easier to back cast as opposed to forhand cast...if your practising ...load up your line with shot to make it easier to get the feel of it ....then you can lighten up the line as you get the hang of it ...

i personally use the spinning sidecast in backhand ...line twist isnt too much of an issue and on the rare occurrence it does happen ....do a really loooooooong drift and it will correct itself...make sure your tag ends are nipoped off short as they act like props in the water creating twist regardless of the cast

Bills method is effective as well but you leave yourself with another vulnerability joint to break off

Only had a half hour of free time this morning so I practised in the river behind my place again.

Once again the side cast no problems. The Wallis cast is slowly improving...

Now on to Tues. morning to fish a river for more then 30 minutes that actually has fish in it or Steelhead to

be more specific.

My buddy Dave does a weird combination of a Wallis/Side cast... Work really well for him...

You start a side cast like normal, but mid swing you get the reel going with a big tug... Line comes off the front of the reel instead of the side.. Hard to explain but easier then your standard Wallis cast.

My buddy Dave does a weird combination of a Wallis/Side cast... Work really well for him...

You start a side cast like normal, but mid swing you get the reel going with a big tug... Line comes off the front of the reel instead of the side.. Hard to explain but easier then your standard Wallis cast.

pretty much what the spinning sidecast is....