Scugog/Sturgeon River

Ok, so my buddy let me know something about the Scugog River...it's split in two lol. Apparently the north end of the river stretching from Scugog to Sturgeon(North of the Locks in Lindsay) is classified as the Sturgeon river and is open for fishing(not a sanctuary until May like the Scugog). I see the exception about the scugog river so am I in the clear to fish above the locks towards Sturgeon Lake?

Would like to do some panfishing and possibly carp from shore.

Thanks MTBF

Watch out Mike.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR_E001336.pdf

Look on pg 3. No fishing there right now...

page 3 of the pdf says "Scugog River (Lindsay) - Ops Twp., from Trent-Severn Dam to Ops-Fenelon boundary"

but you can call the MNR too.

Your best bet is to call the MNR Info Line at 1-800-667-1940

the MNR say that "The OPS/Fenelon boundary is in a line with Pickeral Point road, across the water to Ken Reid rd."

Watch out Mike.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR_E001336.pdf

Look on pg 3. No fishing there right now...

page 3 of the pdf says "Scugog River (Lindsay) - Ops Twp., from Trent-Severn Dam to Ops-Fenelon boundary"

but you can call the MNR too.

Your best bet is to call the MNR Info Line at 1-800-667-1940

the MNR say that "The OPS/Fenelon boundary is in a line with Pickeral Point road, across the water to Ken Reid rd."

Hey Mike

the ops boundary aka Pickeral Point Rd / Ken Reid Rd is located at the bottom of sturgeon Lake.

as well I have talked to Kawartha B&T and they said that the locks and towards sturgeon is closed till walleye opener. and that from the locks towards Scugog its open to fish. I have also seen quite a few people fishing the scugog side already

I see the exception about the scugog river so am I in the clear to fish above the locks towards Sturgeon Lake?

Hi Mike,

Just so nobody gets confused from your statement "above the locks towards Sturgeon Lake"...

The high-water side of the Lindsay dam/locks leads to Scugog Lake, and the low-water side of the locks leads to Sturgeon Lake. The water flow is from Scugog downstream, over the dam, and into Sturgeon. You cannot fish between the dam and Sturgeon Lake until Walleye opens.

Hi Mike,

Just so nobody gets confused from your statement "above the locks towards Sturgeon Lake"...

The high-water side of the Lindsay dam/locks leads to Scugog Lake, and the low-water side of the locks leads to Sturgeon Lake. The water flow is from Scugog downstream, over the dam, and into Sturgeon. You cannot fish between the dam and Sturgeon Lake until Walleye opens.

This is correct.

The water flows from scugog to sturgeon. The downstream side of the lock is the sanctuary......towards sturgeon lake. The upstream side is open for fishing.

The OPS boundary is kinda tricky, be careful with that one. I've called the MNR, and even they couldn't tell me exactly where it was on the water. Fish-meister is correct in saying its the line from Ken ried rd, to pickeral point rd.....but theres quite the span of water between there. They should post signs in there so people know where they're at. A lot of the locals use the pillars as the boundary, but I"m sure thats still technically inside the sanctuary. The boats are stacked in there on walleye opener.

S.