catfish recipes

vinnimon

Well, Im headin out for some catfish.I always toss them back in but this time I may keep a few channels if Im lucky.I like a little spice to taste and not burn my tongue(mild cajun style).Now a bud is going with me and his sister inlaw loves them that way except they need to be store bought.Do you guys have a recipe to prove to her that fresh is better than store bought.Any help would be great since Ive only had it on an open fire on a stick.

We use to just cut down the back to the ribs then out to the skin. Cut the skin away then slice the fillet cross ways so you have chunks sort of like scalops (about 1" thick). Soak them in cold salted water over night in the fridge. Drain and rinse in cold water then drain well or pat dry.

Dip them in an egg wash, then toss them in a bag with seasoned flour (season to your liking). (or use fish crisp) Pan fry on medium high until golden in a little oil or margarine (butter burns to quickly), serve with lemon wedges. make about twice as much as you think you will need or you'll run short.