Western Lake Ontario Tribs tomorrow

raptorfan

Well stone fly, you were pretty much dead on. The traffic there wasn't as bad as I expected, but the bite wasn't there at all. Out of all the people I saw fishing on the 2 miles of river we fished, I only saw one hen landed. I must say though it was an absolutely gorgeous morning to be out, and the scenery was fantastic (I love summer ladies :D :D ).

With all this said though, I did FINALLY land my first fish on a centerpin!!! Saw my float dip a bit, set the hook and thought I missed it, till I saw a nice swell under the water and the line started to spin off my reel. My heart started racing.......then I noticed all the fins on the fish.....I had hooked a sucker in the arse!!!!

Ah well, still landed my first fish on a centerpin....lol

Shawn

Edited by raptorfan

Another positive I took out of it was I think I am getting my bait in the right spots. If I am getting a sucker in the belly, I must be staying pretty close to the bottom of the pools I am fishing. My casting accuracy and control is getting much better, as is my drift control.

Many positives to take out of today. I am always an optimist :D

Shawn

I just got home after leaving the house this morning at 3am.

Best day of 2010 to date, double/triple headers, fresh chromers from the lake and piles and piles of fish.

I'm going to bed, lol..

Shawn, congrats on getting your first fish on a pin!!

Awesome Bill! I would have been out that long probably as well if it wasn't for an easter dinner this afternoon and my bowling league tonight. My boy did ask me when I got home though if we could go tomorrow (was very suprised he asked!) so we are gonna hit up the spot again for 3 hrs in the morning before yet another easter dinner.......