Got my 4lb steelhead....Finally!!! LOL

steelhead197

great fish. that isn't from a superior trib is it? what a behemoth.

I wish! I'm not sure if I've been able to top 5lbs up here! The rivers up here are very different from the Lake O ditches that I grew up fishing.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I wish! I'm not sure if I've been able to top 5lbs up here! The rivers up here are very different from the Lake O ditches that I grew up fishing.

I've been able to catch a few in the 6-8 lb range, but i've yet to find the lake superior dime. i know where she lives though.

Solo has some great pics and fishes the states to avoid steelhead gods like yourself who have been fishing for 3 months and posting black salmon.

Fishing the states to avoid people... how much did solo pay you to say that? The tribs south of the boarder are brutal when it comes to garbage, snagging and crowds compared to here. The only reason to leave Ontario to fish steelhead is for inexperienced steelheaders who still mark the merit of a fishing day based on the number of fish caught, or hero's.

Fishing the states to avoid people... how much did solo pay you to say that? The tribs south of the boarder are brutal when it comes to garbage, snagging and crowds compared to here. The only reason to leave Ontario to fish steelhead is for inexperienced steelheaders who still mark the merit of a fishing day based on the number of fish caught, or hero's.

hahaha I don't fish the states so I wouldn't know. I'm just defending someone who backs me up that the fish is not 20lbs. I don't really care where people fish. Everyone gets something different out of fishing.

My God this statement is wrong on so many levels it's ridiculous.

Somewhere there's a village that's being deprived of it's idiot.

I'd be happy to elaborate if you're interested in knowing why you're so wrong.

If you guys think that overestimating the weight of your fish is bad, try doing the same thing about your girlfriend or wife. I dare ya!!! :whistling:

Buy a size way smaller and keep the receipt...Kept me out of the doghouse and off the leash so many times :D

As for over estimating something else TO your girlfriend...

"I WAS IN THE POOL! I WAS IN THE POOL!" :lol:

My God this statement is wrong on so many levels it's ridiculous.

Somewhere there's a village that's being deprived of it's idiot.

I'd be happy to elaborate if you're interested in knowing why you're so wrong.

Id have to agree and I've only fished stateside 4 or so times...Lots more garbage North of the border. Lots of ignorant , roe hungry, belly slitting hypocrates here that call themselves Canadian and poodle about how the yanks fish their rivers and tributaries...

Oh and nice fish, pull it back from the lense though!

Y'know Raf there's a largely unknown esox bite happening in the north channel at the moment.

The prey is huge numbers of pen reared escaped rainbows.

I actually have heard of guys rigging the damn things. :D

Solo, May 1st and the Moon Delta is still a long way off, quit teasing! :D

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Id have to agree and I've only fished stateside 4 or so times...Lots more garbage North of the border. Lots of ignorant , roe hungry, belly slitting hypocrates here that call themselves Canadian and poodle about how the yanks fish their rivers and tributaries...

Oh and nice fish, pull it back from the lense though!

i agree on all fronts. having spent the past 8 years working on tribs of the great lakes i have seen a majority of the canadian tribs (and the major US tribs) and there's nowhere dirtier than the canadian side... and i don't think there's a phenomenon like Bronte in Michigan.

i agree on all fronts. having spent the past 8 years working on tribs of the great lakes i have seen a majority of the canadian tribs (and the major US tribs) and there's nowhere dirtier than the canadian side... and i don't think there's a phenomenon like Bronte in Michigan.

Come down and fish some N.Y state Lake Ontario tribs during the chinny run, it's bad much like Bronte, never fished Michigan tribs so can't say if the tribs are bad.But if there close to large populated cities I'm sure they'll be some what of zoo tactics going on. As for garbage it all depends on the traffic a trib gets, although I will agree the N.Y state and Pensyvania tribs I've visited are well kept.

Edited by canadadude