polarized fishing glasses

mattybculp

Hello everyone, i have decided this year to step up the quality of my polarized fishing glasses. At this current moment im using cheap 39 $ glasses and am wanting to purchase a pair of better quality. my price range is up to about 200.00 $. Im looking for suggestions from you guys who have used them before and can personally recommend. Name brands and models would be helpful and appreciated, or if you have any other tips in selecting the correct lens.thanks guys look forward to you answers.

Matt

I picked up a pair of "Solar Bat" glasses last year and they are AWESOME !!!! Its crazy to see the difference between a cheap $40 pair from bass pro off the rack and a quality set of lenses !

I bought the "cool eyes D" in the mossback gradient lense. But I have a MONSTER head... so they kind of looked funny ! I traded them in on a pair of "double XL" and I absolutly LOVE them !!! If I could make one change, then I should have listened to Jos @ angling outfitters and gone with the yellow lense as opposed to the Mossback gradients.

So in the end... I would suggest looking at Solar Bat glasses becasue they are awesome quality... and the price is very reasonable.

Oh ya.... JP was the one who suggested these frames to me !! If you watch his show.... he wears the Cool eyes D frames. They look a little better on him then they did on me ! haha

most big brands out there have great models to choose from...and it's mostly personal preference what makes them great...lens colour and material are the 2 big factors in my opinion that you need to consider

glass lenses will give you the best optical advantage and scratch resistance, plastic is the lightest and polycarbonates are the toughest and most impact resistance

in low light conditions yellow and amber, etc will offer the most visibility...brown and amber will offer the most contrast and most common i'd say...and dark grey and photochromic are the best for bright conditions, ie big water where you're not sight fishing at all

kinda like irons really, need a full set to play a full round...i haven't tried interchangeable lenses yet but next pair probably will

my favourite pairs are amber lenses and kinda of a pinkish/amber-ish mix....i use these for river fishing where i'm sight fishing a lot...

I have been wearing ray bans for about 4 years the polarized ones i dont know the name of the style butt they are by far the best i have ever owned . if you want a good pair for spot fishing and seeing were others can't this is definitly my choice..I have passed them to buddies hundreds of times so they can see what im looking at be it fish weed lines under water structure ect..

bought them at the sunglass hutt ..I have rann them over with my truck stepped on a pair and broke them more than once. they will replace them for half the price if broken. And manufacturer defects are a free pair...well worth checking them out ...

p.s sorry about the spelling I :dunno: dont have spell check yett ... :dunno::oops:

Does anyone make a pair of clear polarized lenses? The times I find I need them most is when there's a lot of glare off the surface from low sun angles (sunrise/sunset) if the glare was eliminated I could see fine, but my sunglasses cut the little bit of light in the water that need to see (gray).

Edited by Great Lake Steel

I have been wearing Tifosi glasses for the past five years. They make a Fototec Polarized lens. I absolutely love them. They change the shade as the sun gets brighter but always seem clear when you look out of them without having to squint. They run about $125.00.

There has been times where it is dark out and I am still wearing my glasses without realizing that I don't need them but the polarization is still handy to have.