buying a home in a rural area

pike slayer

So i'm in the process of buying my first home. Its 15-20min out of town on a lake. there is no cell service out there and theres no cable for cable tv or internet. what appears to be the only sevice out there is mainly bell for satillete and dial up internet, star choice for tv, and i've heard of this ontera company for "high speed" dial up internet. i hear bell is terrible and to stay the hell away but seems to be the only company offering both services. whats the best place to go for or look into? also as of right now my cell phone is my main phone line and i dont really want a landline but im gonna have to, i've heard of ppl hooking their cell number up with a landline so when someone calls they both ring or something along those lines!?!?

Have you checked to see if xplornet offers high speed wireless in your area? I have been using them for a few years now and am very pleased with their service. If they do, you might want to consider VOIP for your phone and hook your computer up to your TV so you can get your TV through the internet.