Baltic burbots

Guest Hauki

Guest Hauki

Glad to be here again, hope you enjoy the pictures. :D

During the second week of this past february, my fishong partner and me went ice fishing for burbot, I have to say that I was very excited about it, a fish i have never fished before and on the ice.

We went 4 times from 9 to 12 p.m, here in Finland is said that the burbot shows more activity more activity after dawn. We didn´t fish a lot but every day we had little action, with a couple of catches or three maximum.

The temperature was the toughest part was the 1,4 F, and the lack of activity for hours, indeed, everything seemed to happen in 30 minuts. But that is fishing.

Hope you enjoy the pictures, I will post more when I came home.

frio002.jpg

mateet002.jpg

sekalaisia040.jpg

mateet001.jpg

Great report and pics Hauki :thumbsup_anim:

Never caught burbot before but looks like you guys had some fun catching those!!!

Great job and thanks for taking the time to post and share with us :clapping:

Leechman

And to think that when he posted it was after 11pm in Helsinki.

Guest Hauki

Thanks for your comments, here you have more pics of those ugly fellows.

p1010439b.jpg

p1010448w.jpg

Usually I release every fish I catch, ocasionally I take one for dinner, mainly if I spend a week fishing in tundra remote areas where there is no other chance of getting food.

p1010453m.jpg

By the time I feel more fluent in my English written skills I will make larger posts.

Hauki, a warm welcome to you. I am pleased to learn about fishing in Finland and really enjoyed your report and pictures. More please! Your written English is better that some native speakers around here, so don't worry.

Hauki, a warm welcome to you. I am pleased to learn about fishing in Finland and really enjoyed your report and pictures. More please! Your written English is better that some native speakers around here, so don't worry.

Like douG said, your written English is fine. However, you may just be giving us exiles an excuse to brush up and relearn some long forgotten Finnish.

Guest Hauki

Thanks for your comments, this weekend I am gonna go again to the ice, this time for pike or pike-perch. Hope to have something to tell on monday. :D

Guest Hauki

That´s right DouG the pike-perch is the Kuha, the European version of your Walleye, Valkosilmäkuha in Finnish. Unfortunately in europe we don´t have the secon percid.