Paradise lost

Radnine

I was talking to the Rice Lake dude at the fishing show and he told me that the Bellmere Winds golf course and the cottage/trailer resort that went with it (Godfrey's??) had gone belly up.

This is a pisser as it was a fantastic course. We used to stay across the lake (at Springbank Camp) and throw the clubs in the boat for a round of golf between peak walleye times. It was sweet, jump out of the boat, jump into a cart and go play 18 holes. I guess that we didn't do it enough to keep the place open.

If anyone hears that it has re-opened (DiggyJ) or knows of a similar set up anywhere else could you please drop me a line?

It really was a great set-up.

Jim

Dang.. sounds like a real economic failure going on around Rice. They didn't impose a limit on the number of balls you could start the round with did they...

B)

lol

where is that video I have with you talking...LOL

Mhh sounds like there may be a small resort and gold course avaiable for sale at a reasonable price? :thumbsup_anim:

You couldn't be more right.

I think that this could be an example of the "third generation jinx" on this business. I clearly don't know the details, but this is exactly the kind of business that is big enough to involve many investors. Some could invest capital and some could invest expertise/time, etc. The golf course is magic, and the lake speaks for itself. If you added a restaurant that one could dock at and buy breakfast, no one would ever drive farther north.

It makes me wish that I actually has a pot to pee in.

Jim

Was looking for such a resort. I can only get approved for 200 thou..damn..we almost bought a resort on the Manitulin island..11 cotages fish hut the house and all the boats n stuff..This was 4 yrs ago. we couldnt come up with the extra cash for overhead and startup.The resort owner wanded 179 thou at that time. Damn was I bummed out.

Was looking for such a resort. I can only get approved for 200 thou..damn..we almost bought a resort on the Manitulin island..11 cotages fish hut the house and all the boats n stuff..This was 4 yrs ago. we couldnt come up with the extra cash for overhead and startup.The resort owner wanded 179 thou at that time. Damn was I bummed out.

There is a lot of land and expense involved in building a course (I think the cottages and trailers lots are long paid for).

I hope that someone re-opens it.

Jim