Feb 24 Simcoe white fish report

icefisherman

Well I couldn't find anyone to come with me last night (mainly because of the late announcement) so I went alone this morning bright and early...was fishing by 7am...marked fish right away but they were mostly window shoppers...still managed to get my limit but had to work for it....Chuck found me about 9am so we fished together for the rest of the day.

Lost 5 other fish at different locations in the water column ....Beautiful day, no wind at all and warm...snow was melting under my feet.

Still no lakers on the ice...one of the lost fish might have been laker as it hit 30 feet up from the bottom while my Meegs lure was going down....but lost it....oh well...

Here is the shot of the day....started cleaning one of the fish and remembered I haven't taken any pictures yet so had to put it back together for the shot ha ha ha

Really fat and long (25" and 26") fish:

IMG_1014.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I went out on the 24th also off 9th line an fished 95FOW from about 9:30 to 2:00. I marked fish constantly but could not get them to take the Williams, tube jigs, jigging raps. They would not even follow the bait up, just take a look and swim off.

What am I doing wrong?