installing boat seats - 14ft princecraft

Jds63

I bought this boat late last year, and want to put in 2 padded swivel seats for the upcoming season, 1 in the stern and 1 on the middle bench

none of the tops are removable except the battery compartment

the middle bench should not be a problem but I am wondering what i should do at the back ... the small box compartment at the back is designed for a battery but can be used for other things as well

not sure how to mount a seat due to that battery compartment ... does anyone have this boat or any suggestions ?

I would also like to mount a trolling motor , I have read that the bow is better but if I am at the stern fishing alone then I assume thats where it should go ...

is this a better placement ?

thanks for any tips !

princecraftyukon.jpg

I have the slide in unit offset and bolted on the battery cover, (square 7x7 with the spring loaded front) to hold the rear seat, it allows the seat to tilt up to access the battery if necessary. I have another aluminum slider unit bolted to the front and center benches, about #10 self tapping screws, 14 years and still holding. The center and front seat are removeable by sliding the seat out sideways, also allows the seat to be adjusted about 8 inches either side before releasing. I have a 16' Starfish model, looks the same.

Here's the parts, scroll down and click on the black one for the back: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Edited by Fisherman

I have the slide in unit offset and bolted on the battery cover, (square 7x7 with the spring loaded front) to hold the rear seat, it allows the seat to tilt up to access the battery if necessary. I have another aluminum slider unit bolted to the front and center benches, about #10 self tapping screws, 14 years and still holding. The center and front seat are removeable by sliding the seat out sideways, also allows the seat to be adjusted about 8 inches either side before releasing. I have a 16' Starfish model, looks the same.

Here's the parts, scroll down and click on the black one for the back: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

thanks .... that is what i was looking for, do you have a picture of your setup with the seats ?

I'd built a plywood casting deck at the front & put a foot controlled trolling motor at the front much better for bass & pike fishing mount a pole seat on the front seat & go fishing http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...5008000_225-8-5

Richard

Edited by spinnerbaitking