Hey and I Never Had A Rant (Useful though)

bushart

Sure your thinkin an artists' rant what's that gonna be---"I Said Burnt Sienna Not Raw... Burnt!!!"

Anyway this may help others out there so keep up.

2 weeks ago I made a purchase at a leading retailer (notCTC) and used my debit card.

Anyway as has happened many times--I swiped and the machine timed out---so I swiped again---went through---and paintboy is off like a herd of turtles.

Next day Mrs. Paintboy gets the bank book updated and bingo---2 withdrawals for same amount from this leading retailer.

Now one would think this is easy huh....not so much------leading retailer says you have to go to your bank cause that interact cash gets sent to head office in Toronto--not the store.

So off we go to our bank---now they have to call their head office and make a claim # and say should be 2-3 days.

So after a week back I goes to said bank and they let me talk to head office who says...

Leading retailers bank is different from mine so they have to investigate 1st and then send on cash---no later than March 18th.

Now this equals 1 month from time of purchase....funny eh?

You can get a mortgage for several hundred thousand $$$$ in a day and this impersonal pass the buck fiasco takes a month for 30 bucks.

So my advice in closing here is do not trust this system and check when this garbage happens to you-----I wonder how many times this has happened to others and has been overlooked.

Here Endeth Busharts' 1st Official Rant

That is why a CREDIT CARD is MUCH better than using a Debit Card....haven't used my debit card in YEARS....I also like the free points I get using my Cabela's Credit Card....free hunting & fishing equipment is a no brain for me using their card for almost EVERY purchase during the year.

Good Luck on recouping you money and hope it's resolved soon then later.

Bob

I had this happen to me years ago when debit was new. First transaction not complete second was. Luckily I kept both receipts as I did get charged twice. Took it to the bank and they fixed it right away because I had the proof.

In my store I always give the declined receipt to the customer and a copy for me, even if they insist on trying ten times :wallbash: . I have also seen this happen with credit cards not just debit. I have also had a credit card company charge a customer twice even though I only swept once. All of these situations have been fixed in a timely manor. Not sure why yours is taking so long?

Maybe time for a new money institute?

If I did'nt have all the paperwork I could understand.

It's like electronic monkey in the middle and guess who's the monkey---it's not like I gave any conditions when I paid---yet I'm gettin lots back.

This is boiling down to electronic pick pocketing.

I avoid using the debit card. A few years back, Beamsville area residents were bilked out of hundreds of thousands by a fraud artist at the local Pioneer station.

He had connected a portable tracer to the card reader to record everybody's card data and rigged a hidden overhead camera to pick up peoples pin numbers. After a week he disappeared and never caught.

I try to stick to cash.

Well I know who took this from me..and so dismissing the myth that all artists are without backbone I went to the retailers website and wrote their customer service a letter laying out the obvious..and reminding them that

If I went into their store and shoplifted a 30 dollar item they would immediately have me arrested---so it appears they have stolen the same amount from me so maybe I should have the police arrest the store representative.

There does not exist any agreement that I would loan said retailer any $$ figure for any amount of time.

Quite often we as Canadians are pasted with the complacency tag----tired of that one.

Makes for great press

Hey Bushart....don't buy raw nor burnt....use Van Dyke and add the red and/or ochre that you need. :rolleyes:

edit: Better still, build your own with the 3 majors...much cleaner and more precise for whichever application you want.