new boat and sixmile lake

keith

hello all

just got a new Legend 18 extreme/90hp merc.(my first boat!)

will be based at marina nr lock 45 port severn.

can anybody comment on how good fishing is on Gloucester pool andSix mile lake( which I believe I can access

from gloucester pool) ??

thanks for any info

hello

sorry about no intro/ not aware of that/thanks for heads up.

basically i;m passionate about fishing and the the outdoors and will base boat at port severn ..

yes / I bought boat at fishing show /got great deal but of course had to upgrade as 50hp was not really adequate..seems like a great set up/ I'm primarily fish and release and photo ..

I thought on looking on older charts that there were few shallow entries to 6 mile lakefrom gloucester pool but

may be oudated.

hopefully there are still some nice bass in these lakes

thanks for all responses .

flyer

thanks for info on no access to 6 mile lake/

not sure if my insurance co will be very understanding if I try the big jump but it would

make a great accident report..

glad to hear there is good fishing/plan to go Fishing Depot nr the toronto airport and

p/u maps of area,apparently Adventure Maps who produce maps check fishing spots

out annually and info is fairly current..

rgds,

flyer

ps.

thanks for welcoming to the to the board-hopefully I can contribute

Edited by flyer

I couldn't resist the sunshine and lack of wind for a change.....so I went out and got you some shots. This one gives you an idea of how much you'd better give'r in the pool to get up to Six Mile.

pool6miledam.jpg

This one shows you that you'd better have a map and compass for 6 mile until you've figured out where all the fingers/bays go. Looking North

6mile.jpg

This one also looking North showing the simplicity of the pool in comparison...the finger up the very left side is little go home bay.

poolandlittlegohome.jpg

Edited by irishfield

hey wayne

those photos are incredible/my first overview of this area/gloucester pool seems

smaller than I envisioned/may have to tackle big chute and get down to severn river

foe some additional bass fishing / I hear its quite scenic trip with lesscottages

on the severn..

by the way is that an aeronca champ you fly(or may be pipercub)

skis or wheels ?

I got my ppl licence in piper colt at mt hope a/p years ago.

looked like a great CAVU day for flying!!!

thanks again

Do the James Bond thing and give her hell coming out of the pool and you might make it up the hill and over the road into Six Mile...

Congrats on the new ride!

I may give that a try Wayne. :whistling::whistling::whistling::stretcher:

Yep six mile is trailered. Dont be just booting around out there. If you dont know the lakes,you will lose yer bottom end. Fishing is good on both lakes. Glouster is the better of the two.IMO

hey wayne

those photos are incredible/my first overview of this area/gloucester pool seems

smaller than I envisioned/may have to tackle big chute and get down to severn river

foe some additional bass fishing / I hear its quite scenic trip with lesscottages

on the severn..

by the way is that an aeronca champ you fly(or may be pipercub)

skis or wheels ?

I got my ppl licence in piper colt at mt hope a/p years ago.

looked like a great CAVU day for flying!!!

thanks again

The pool is a fair size and you also have "Little Lake" between the pool and the Port severn lock to GBay. You can also get in and fish the shallows of the outflow of Black Lake/Black River. The fast current of the little chute, the waters below big chute...the shallows of Six Mile Channel etc.

Oh and have you ever seen a cub or colt with aluminum wings?? Mine is a "Murphy Rebel" that I built myself.

djkfrombelow1.jpg

djkattemagamicottage.jpg

I have some more shots of the pool and six mile...let me look for one that gives you a better overview. Also keep in mind that my Canon on Zoom is putting 30 to 40 miles into some shots that I took ....from Victoria Harbour and you can see all the way to Blue Mountain/Owen Sound in one shot.

Edited by irishfield