Leeds & Thousand Islands

MCTFisher9120

Hey again guys and gals. In 10 days I'll be heading out the the Great Grandmothers for another visit and some snot rocket Pike fishing hopefully. Just would like to know if anybody has been catch any in the Charleston Lake area?

Now, Scugog was a blast yesterday. We went out and set out 12 lines(6 guys) and caught lot's of perch no smaller than 5" but no bigger than two we had at 9-11". Caught fish every 5 mins minimum, then we had 2 rockbass caught as well as a largemouth and a smallmouth(in the 1.5lb range). To top it off we got onto a school of Crappie in the late evening catching 15 Crappie between 4 people that were fishing. All the fish caught on a 1x1m chunk of ice.

We were fishing in 11ft of water with 7ft close by. Excessive weed growth some reaching 12" up off bottom. We had the deep section all to ourselves also. So if you are on Scugog my tip is to find deep water.

Thanks everybody, I didn't catch any of those crappie but I enjoyed sitting by my friends watching them catch their *first ever's*

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

mike put out 4 to 8 inch large suckers or shiners in 10-15 feet of water, the larger bait eliminates alot of the tiny pike and unwanted species from setting off the tip ups, some big pike on those lakes, especially charleston. havent been out to any of those this year but good luck man.

Hey Mike,

Not too sure what the inland lakes are like right now. The Larry however is almost open. It has never been this open since I moved here 8 years ago. There's even a skating rink right on shore that is not safe because of the open water.

This area has been very warm and the lakes have not froze that well. If you have a float suit and spikes wear them. Be careful and have fun.