I PUT THE LINK BACK ON - VIDEO OF WOLVES TAKING DOWN CARIBOU

kgeary

Hi everyone

A few weeks ago I was out ice fishing with my son Hayden on Nungesser Lake.

(yes we caught some nice walleye and some big whitefish and had a two really big pike bight us off)

We came in the night before, got up had breakfast and headed out to ice fish. As soon as we came around the corner , right behind camp, I saw two black wolves had a Woodland Caribou down.

We took some photos and video. We followed the tracks about 6 miles down the lake and the two black wolves had hearded that Caribou all the way down keeping it out of the bush. They went right past the front of the camp- probably about the time we were cooking breakfast. If we had looked out the front window we would have seen them. It would have been awesome to see the fight. I’m sure that Caribou didn’t give up easily Another set of about 40 Caribou trampled another path across the lake and also went right by the front of camp -probably in early morning.

The next morning Hayden and I walked about 50 yards from the camp to the back side of our island. We video taped the wolves who had been joined by two grey wolves and one mottled.

They weren’t friends and it showed. Plenty of fighting.

It took me a while to learn how to run my editing program to shorten the video so it wold be small enough to upload

Here is the address to view the video -

NO WE DO NOT HUNT CARIBOU. THERE IS NO OPEN SEASON ANYWHERE FOR WOODLAND CARIBOU.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO PROMOTE HUNTING AT MY LODGE, JUST TO SHARE A VERY UNIQUE SIGHTING AND PIECE OF VIDEO.

DUE TO THE COMMENTS BELOW FROM A FEW.

EVEN THOUGH OVER 100 PEOPLE HAVE GONE AND WATCHED THE VIDEO CLIP AND I'M CERTAIN MANY MORE PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS VIDEO

I'VE REMOVED THE LINKS

NO I'VE CHANGED MY MIND

HERE IS THE LINK

http://anglerskingdom.blogspot.com/

It is not for everyone but this is what the wilderness and nature is really about.

It wasn’t a good day for the Caribou but it was a very good day for the Wolves.

I hope you enjoy

KG

Edited by kgeary

Banner adverts don't equal the ability to post advertising in the general forum. They are there to be clicked on if people so choose.

A little birdy tells me that all the current self promoting "guides", that are going against the golden rule here, are in for a tidy up and a place of their own, at cost, to self promote!

As for the video... it's pretty cool. Possible Kevin's sharing it for the joy of it... and a clear cut way to show that would be to lose the links to Anglers kingdom in his posts to the general forum and then there would be no spam flags thrown up .....that may or may not be uncalled for.

Edited by irishfield

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

daily guides are posting their clients fish as forms of advertisement and nothing is said.

some of you must have nothing better to do than be keyboard commandos and pick on people.

seen any posts that might have been endorsing quinte lately...

how about simcoe?

or niagara?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Nothing wrong with pictures from long time contributors.. They're not links redirecting someone to their website.

This is pretty much the same report from January, all with links to Angler's Kingdom. The URLs outta be from youtube or vimeo, photobucket, not from a website you put up yourself.

How funny of you to chime in and call others keyboard commandos... Isn't that what ya just did?

daily guides are posting their clients fish as forms of advertisement and nothing is said.

some of you must have nothing better to do than be keyboard commandos and pick on people.

seen any posts that might have been endorsing quinte lately...

how about simcoe?

or niagara?

:rolleyes:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Nothing wrong with pictures from long time contributors.. They're not links redirecting someone to their website.

This is pretty much the same report from January, all with links to Angler's Kingdom. The URLs outta be from youtube or vimeo, photobucket, not from a website you put up yourself.

How funny of you to chime in and call others keyboard commandos... Isn't that what ya just did?

i'm only pointing out that there are some pretty blatant self promoting going on that the "hounds" don't jump on. is posting your clients 10 lb quinte walleye LESS a self promotion? this wasn't even related to fishing.

i'm only pointing out that there are some pretty blatant self promoting going on that the "hounds" don't jump on. is posting your clients 10 lb quinte walleye LESS a self promotion? this wasn't even related to fishing.

Like Wayne mentioned... Maybe it's time for a little cleanup.. By hounds you must mean the mods, where good judgement dictates wether or not a thread is pulled. Otherwise, if we're the hounds, then.. I guess we're entitled no?

Dr. Salvenius

Thanks for your support

Sorry they've turned on you.

Irishfield I've red you post twice and honestly can't tell what your actually saying.

What do you do for a living?

highdrifter - sorry that I am not a "long time contributor."

Does that mean others are not welcome to share a very unique sighting.

I didn't realize that it was "your board"

This is not the same as the post in January.

I said that I would try to get the video on and I finally did.

Sorry that it was not done the way you feel it should be.

Not everyone knows that it should be done this way or that way.

I thought there were moderators for that.

I've put three posts on here this year and I've been attacked twice.

There are a lot of people on hear pretending to be something they are not.

At least I say who I am.

what do you do for a living?

Like I said WHY BOTHER

Dr. Salvenius

Thanks for your support

Sorry they've turned on you.

Irishfield I've red you post twice and honestly can't tell what your actually saying.

highdrifter - sorry that I am not a "long time contributor."

Does that mean others are not welcome to share a very unique sighting.

I didn't realize that it was "your board"

This is not the same as the post in January.

I said that I would try to get the video on and I finally did.

Sorry that it was not done the way you feel it should be.

Not everyone knows that it should be done this way or that way.

I thought there were moderators for that.

I've put three posts on here this year and I've been attacked twice.

There are a lot of people on hear pretending to be something they are not.

At least I say who I am.

what do you do for a living?

Like I said WHY BOTHER

Ah yeah I'm pretty sure it's the same post. Ya just retold the same story and updated your website.

Post a link to your business in your handle like most people here, don't plaster it all over your reports. It just looks a little less blatant.

Believe it or not Kevin... If you read it real slow, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually wanted to share the video and weren't using it to promote, like you've done with many posts in the past.

As for what I do for a living... has no bearing on the post. All I can tell you is I put in more hours a year than most here spend off work.. and I do that in a 7 month span... and that's to support an addictive hobby that became a business. I couldn't tell you what's going on at my real business as I haven't made it over there in a good 6 years! :o

This is the second time you have posted the same story about the wolf, I read i something like a couple weeks ago, same thing clink here got your site, so in a couple weeks from now when you post this wolf story again with link to your site ,what would you call it then????

:spam:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry422454

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry422460

Edited by BUSTER

WOW

I don't think it is that difficult to understand.

maybe I just need to say it slower.

In this post I let people know that I had NOW UPLOADED THE VIDEO that I hadn't been able to do before.

AND I PLACED A LINK TO THE VIDEO

WHICH I HAD PROMISED TO DO IN THE FIRST POST.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry422454

how is that spam??

I DON'T OFFER CARIBOU HUNTS

I don't offer hunts of any king.

I tried to share a piece of video that is very very unigue.

and judging by the number of people that went to look at the video a lot of people here were interested in it.

who cares that I put a link to my blog

how else can they see the video

ACTUALLY I'VE CHANGED MY MIND

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE VIDEO

http://anglerskingdom.blogspot.com/

MY APOLOGIES TO THE ONES WHO WANTED TO SEE IT EARLIER.

I've realized that it doesn't really matter what I post here you guys are going to attack it.

and it is pretty obvious why.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry422460

IN THIS POST I SHARED A STORY ABOUT MY SON CATCHING A 40 INCH PIKE

AND IT WAS ATTACKED.

IRISHFIELD - just because you don't make it clear that you are in business doesn't mean that your not promoting your business.

HIGHDRIFTER - thanks I will take your advice and put a link to my sight in my handles - as soon as i figure out how to do that.

BUSTER - just read what I've said above very slowly.