Bent atv rim

richyb

there is a possiblity you could do that and put some rubber bead sealer on there. but i wouldnt trust that. i would recommend a whole new rim all together. but maybe someone else has a better more cost efficient idea than a new rim or more reliable than a hammer and bead sealer haha.

So a simcoe pressure crack dented the rear rim on my quad. Only dented on the one side but it was enough to flatten the tire. Should I be able to just gently hammer it back into place?

So you must have had a real fight with that pressure crack, it must have pounced all over you and the quad, finally it gave up and only got to dent your rim :o Or maybe it should go like, I was buzzin along and all of a sudden I hit this pressure crack that I was unable to avoid due to (you fill in the blank) and now I have a damaged rim. :lol:

So you must have had a real fight with that pressure crack, it must have pounced all over you and the quad, finally it gave up and only got to dent your rim :o Or maybe it should go like, I was buzzin along and all of a sudden I hit this pressure crack that I was unable to avoid due to (you fill in the blank) and now I have a damaged rim. :lol:

Nope it was definitly the cracks fault. haha just kidding. It was actually about the smoothest crossing I have made this year, hardly even a bump. Im going to go out and try pounding it back ( gently).

what you shoulda done first was pick up a bit of bead sealer to make sure you have a good bead that you can half rely on haha.

but as long as the bead holds you should be good till another pressure crack gits' ya haha. :P

Edited by bigredneck