the big debate NF

pike slayer

Depends on where the TV is going to be... Upstairs in the livingroom, lots of light go with a LCD. Downstairs a bit darker, plasma for sure.

Plasmas will have glare issues in a room with lots of light, but they tend to have better black levels then LCD's...

You can't really make a bad choice with the TV's of today...

irishfield thanks i did use the search thinger and i actually found the old topic usually i cant find a thing using the search!

seems like most ppl vote plasma now which im surprised at

its going down in the rec room theres 2 windows which shine some light in during the day and thats it, i dont think it'll be a big affect on glare.

i say plasma. the picture is SUPER freakin' great! my grandfather got a nice one not too long ago on his way back from texas. super nice t.v. im pretty sure its about 40"-45". great picture on it. im pretty sure it was a vizio. it was on for dirt cheap which is why he got it...... the cheap ol' fart! hahahaha!

LED samsung is nice to have in a brighter room eg: http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/tv-vide...&returnurl= They are a bit pricey but oh so sweet.

For a better cost/benefit ratio, a Panasonic Plasma in a darker environment would be a great choice especially for viewing sports due to its higher refresh rate. Also the tuf screen on a Panasonic is great to have if you have children around.

If a child throws a bowl or tennis ball at an LCD, theres a good chance that screen will crack.

A 40" is cutting it a bit close to use 1080p so you might want to check a 720 at your viewing distance and see if you can tell it apart from a 1080p tv.

Grab yourself a cheap hdmi cable (NOT MONSTER CABLE) and a blu ray player and you're good to go. Just remember that rogers is not using 1080p...yet and it cost extra every month for the HD channels. So in some instances you're better off with a 720p tv set especially if you're not going to pay for HD channels or use a blu ray player.

Personally I'd go with a 46" for my viewing at 15 feet. Might want to set aside $300-500+ for a receiver and some surround speakers if you are a movie buff. 5.1 sound is so nice to have.

Edited by Syn