coyotes out on the lake

Big Cliff

This is the first year I have seen so many coyotes out on the lake. Right in broad daylight, the other day it was two of them way out and we watched them for about half an hour as they made their way down the middle of the lake and finally onto the far shore near Betty's bay. The following morning another one, much the same path, 8:30 in the morning not in a hurry, ended up going to shore in much the same area as the other two.

Then just a few minutes ago 4 more, they seemed to be checking out an area where some people were fishing on the weekend, perhaps trying to scrounge a few minnows or something that was left behind. They all seemed to be in really good shape, no sign of mange. Beautiful to see but it really makes you wonder what the population must be like in this area and what kind of damage they must be doing to the small game.

bust out the 270!! yotes are a problem BUT they make good hats:)

LOL, at about 3/4 of a mile away with houses all along the far shore the 270 might be a good idea but a tad dangerous. Unless they bother me or my family I'll let them live, they are just another one of God's creatures trying to survive. A nusance sometimes but so are the grandkids and I haven't shot any of them yet. :D

Big Cliff... I rented a cottage on Sturgeon this summer, on Long Beach Road, if I recall correctly. I was told by the owner that they had a huge Yote problem. He said that in the evening you could here them howling and sure enough, we did!

He also mentioned that the farmer who lived up the road, kept Donkey's out in the field and that you could always tell when the Yotes were nearby, because the donkey's would start howling and sure enough, we heard them as well! Said the donkeys would frighten the Yotes away, which I'm sure helped him keep his chicken population in order.

HH

LOL, at about 3/4 of a mile away with houses all along the far shore the 270 might be a good idea but a tad dangerous. Unless they bother me or my family I'll let them live, they are just another one of God's creatures trying to survive. A nusance sometimes but so are the grandkids and I haven't shot any of them yet. :D

I hear ya :) In your situation you got to get them in Bow Range.. which might be hard lol