Auger Trouble - Help Please!!

Doctrt

Just ran my new Strikemaster Magnum up at the bog. Two holes, no problem. Shut er down for a few minutes and decided I wanted the holes a little closer together. When I went to start it up again, the pull cord had no resistance. I pressed the decomp button on every pull and everything seemed fine, but now it seems that the pull cord isn't engaging the rest of the motor. Any ideas?? Help Please!! BTW fishing was slow other than a few good sized Crappies. Thanks in advance.

T

Thanks for the help Vin. I did what you said and you were right, it was pretty obvious what my problem was, a small plastic piece on the back of the cord wheel was ripped to shreds. I assume this is what engages the fly-wheel, but I'm not sure why it was damaged. Nonetheless, does anyone know where or how I can get a replacement part for this Strikemaster Auger? Or better yet, does anyone know how to avoid this problem in the future? Thanks again.

T

You need to call authorized mechanic for strike master on the web site and they will order you a starter assembly for $65 taxes in. one located in Mississauga near lake shore

IN the mean time go to www.strikemaster.com and watch the video on how to properly start the auger. My buddy yanked on it a little tooooo hard and it was toast. Its just a small plastic piece (red) that brakes, but you need to whole assembly.

If you know any one in the states you can order directly from SOLO USA and it will cost $24.50

hope this helps

Edited by Wildstlhead

Just a note to add.

Many times I see someone yank the cord on a rewind and not take up the slack first.

Gently pull the cord until the starter pawl engages the flywheel, then pull the cord to start.

This prevents a lot of wear and tear on all the rewind parts.