Upper island lake

pikeie

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

you know, not a lot of guys fish it for lakers anymore.

i can't say i know much about it but be careful on the ice. heyden is in a bit of a snowbelt and there's bad spots on all of the lakes i fish north of island. let us know how it goes!

Ive fished the causeway...once lol...I caught a couple pinners but my buddy caught back to back beauties. A 30 and 32 incher out of there a few years back...I dont know the ice conditions but you should be able to tell when you get there if people have been fishing..

Good luck and I'll see ya around the college this winter Pikie

TDunn

Ive fished the causeway...once lol...I caught a couple pinners but my buddy caught back to back beauties. A 30 and 32 incher out of there a few years back...I dont know the ice conditions but you should be able to tell when you get there if people have been fishing..

Good luck and I'll see ya around the college this winter Pikie

TDunn

college?

say hi to my wife if you see her up there

well we didnt make it up there... we had to head south to Cloudy. There was a good 10-11 inches of black ice there, seen a bunch of fish on the flasher but they had tight lips today. My bud Cody had a good one on but lost it due to inexperience lol. i had a few mised hits, and one small 2 pounder on the ice but that was it!

well about 45min ago i buzzed across heyden, lower and upper island lakes on my sled. tons of ice bud!! you head down old mill road and you come to the causeway between upper and lower. out from upper you'll see a few shacks to the left and they are going mostly for perch there. i fish the far far end of the lake for lakers. going out from the causeay you head straight and just keep walking till you hit the last island and i fish the back side of it. theres fresh holes there. i had my jig rod in my sled and i was considering giving it a few jigs haha!! i missed a nice 4-5lb laker there last winter when i fished it one afternoon. theres also smelts in there and some monsters to! i got a 14" smelt on a medium dace. so if your getting alot of bites but cant hook into anything it could be them. also there is no slot size on the lakers in upper island. good luck out there!

well about 45min ago i buzzed across heyden, lower and upper island lakes on my sled. tons of ice bud!! you head down old mill road and you come to the causeway between upper and lower. out from upper you'll see a few shacks to the left and they are going mostly for perch there. i fish the far far end of the lake for lakers. going out from the causeay you head straight and just keep walking till you hit the last island and i fish the back side of it. theres fresh holes there. i had my jig rod in my sled and i was considering giving it a few jigs haha!! i missed a nice 4-5lb laker there last winter when i fished it one afternoon. theres also smelts in there and some monsters to! i got a 14" smelt on a medium dace. so if your getting alot of bites but cant hook into anything it could be them. also there is no slot size on the lakers in upper island. good luck out there!

Shhhhhh! :whistling: