Floater Suit

Rob

Well under some good advice from fellow OFC members(once again! :D) I purchased my Salus floater suit from Rack and Reel in Barrie. Very good price at $350 bucks very friendly people there and quick on the ordering (2 days) Anyways thanks everyone for the advice and see you on the ice!!

Rob C

I'm thinking of filling the bathtub up with cold water and ice cubes and hopping in with mine seeing that I haven't been able to get on the ice yet. The quality of the suit is outstanding compared to my old suit.

Fish safe and have fun

I was in the Rack and Reel yesterday. They had a large, and XL and a XXL to try on. The model they carry is the Pro-Lite series (cheapest model).

They are on sale until the end of the week. $350, down from $400. They can order anything Salus.. They have the endurance class model on sale for $450. I bought the Endurance (not from Rack and Reel). The price is great considering you can order it from Cabalas for $430, plus shipping. My Endurance will be here tomorrow. I can't wait!!

For those in the market, a few years ago, I bought the Helly Hanson Alpha suit. Great suit, great features (zippers, pockets, suspenders, adjustable neoprene inner cuffs etc.) I paid $280 +/-. It was one of least expensive suits around, and had more features than most $100-$200 more! I've used it a ton, it's warm, breaks in rather quick and haven't had an issue with it.

FYI,

jt

Thrasher, I have the same Helly Hanson Alpha suit and love the suit for the warmth and all the pockets but I find it a tad bulky and heavy. My son has the Mustang and its much lighter and less bulky. Might just be me getting old.LOL :P