Hit the hard water today!

Fisherpete

Got on the ice today, out from Keswick... 6 to 7 inches of ice everywhere we went. Walked out and fished in 12 feet of water. The perch were on fire, and some decent sized ones too. Bite was non-stop almost the time (8am-1pm), caught tons, I kept around 30 or so. I only used artificial bait today. The two guys I was out with used minnows, and did even better for size. The two of them took home a great feed. Also saw somebody pull out a nice 10+ pound pike. Great to be back out on the hard water again!

I'll be out off of gilford tomorrow morning bright and early. Hopefully I have the same luck as sunday and monday....my buddy and I caught well over 300 in the 2 days....kept approx. 60 for a nice fry. Biggest one of the day was 13". It was lots of fun "sight-fishing".

Edited by ckrb2007

Just came back from Cooks, entered from Gilford. Not even close to yesterday as we had them non stop all day long. The feed definately slowed down. We fished 10', 12' 15' to 20' and same everywhere. Talked to a fellow who was out to 26' and he had a few 12"ers.

We still managed 25 9"-11" perch so not that bad and threw back about the same of smaller guys. Bites were very lite and not the usual aggresive whacks.

Good luck out there!