Three more sleeps.

Michael_Brown

It's getting hard to sleep.

Three more sleeps until the entire Kawartha's open to year-round fishing. The ice fishing is going to be awesome. Pike on Balsam, crappie on Rice, perch in Buckhorn, mixed bag but lots of action on Chemong, etc.

We have waited over 90 years to access these plentiful waters and enjoy our sport year-round just like the rest of the province, just three more sleeps.

It is not just the ice fishing, it's the ice out panfish action on a sunny March day with the kids or some nice coldwater bullheads in April, let alone the lake season Muskie action in the end of November.

This is an opening that should be remembered by anglers, not just for the oppourtunity to be able to fish here in the Kawartha's but to the change in thinking about why fishing is important.

It is more than a bunch of people catching fish, it's quality time with family and friends, outdoor stewardship, tourism, economic investment, new business oppourtunity, education and the chance to meet new people while enjoying a day outside.

Angling and the money spent by anglers to enjoy their sport has always been important to this region, these new regulations will only increase the benefit to our local communties.

Thank You MNR staff and other members of the FMZ 17 advisory council for all the work over the last three years, on these regulation changes.

Jan. 1, 2010, myself and some friends will be fishing on the south side of the Chemong Lake causeway on the Ennismore side.

Everyone is welcome to join us.

Bridgenorth Sports at the causeway will be open at 6 am for your minnow buying enjoyment.

Be safe and enjoy the new angling oppourtunities.

Have a great new year.

Mike Brown

Stakeholder for Recreational Anglers on the FMZ 17 Advisory council.

Edited by Michael Brown

Yep.. like Terry, can't wait !!! Just think of all the pressure it's going to take off the lakes we fish! LOL We'll be on a 15 lake for opening day of 2010.

Have fun Mike and play safe ! Maybe Ronnie can come up and run your heater for you with his good arm! (but I have that crazy feeling he might just be with us!)

Edited by irishfield

Hey Irishfield.

Ron just called me. He is coming out on Chemong as long as someone drills his holes for him, brings him a large coffee with one cream and possibly rubs his toes if they get cold, otherwise he cannot wait either.

Panfish on.

I knew the silly ass would be fishing... just wasnt' sure where! Don't let him whine to you later when his arm's all screwed up ! :o