Mr. Heater Propane Tank Adapter

GBW

Very good info above but I found the 1 lb bottles on the Mr. Buddy do not last more than 4 hours. I bought a 6' propane hose from CTC (without a regulator) to adapt to the 20 lb bottle. I used this set up in the operators cab of a crane. The 20 lb bottle lasted 10 days, 8 - 10 hours per day on the low setting.

and that is why I have been doing it for over 30 years

it is real simple to make one too

you take an old propane torch and unscrew the flame end

find an old BBQ and cut the black hose off that has the end that attaches to the 20lb tank

now shove the tube that the flame end was attached to on the old torch, into the hose and put a clamp on it

one fully functional refiller with a cut off valve on it too

Now thats a great idea :worthy::worthy:

Now thats a great idea :worthy::worthy:

that's why they pay me the big bucks..........LOL

most times they are only ¾ full

and it will take 2 tanks instead of 1½ to say out 8 or so hours, but it stll takes up a lot less room then a 20lb tank

IMHO

That's all it is Jocko... you'd need a pump to over fill and why mjack is claiming hard to get a good fill. You'll never it get it as full as it came from the store.

Wayne, you can overfill them without a pump. The instructions on filling call for you to "freeze" the empties. I use a cheap digital food scale (from Walmart) to weigh bottles while filling. I fill them to 29.5 oz (total gross weight).

Edited by motion

Is there a reason the green tanks have to be in the freezer overnight ? Can i not just hook up the hose and crank er open if they only fill 3/4 full anyway ?

or should i be weighing them, do they need to be completley empty, or can i top er up

Terry? LOL

yes you can just fill them where is as is

and right now the outside is colder then your freezer, so.........

and if you bring your 29lber inside to warm up you will get even more into the small one, but I don't

but just hook'em up and fill them

I went to Superior Propane in North Bay a few days ago (before this thread) and asked if they sell 5 lb tanks. They said no, not much demand, but they could order one.

I said, how much?

They said, $79 !!!

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! If you are ever in Whitby/Brooklin area let me know and I'll give ya a 1lb one if you need.

Edited by GBW