Clam Expedition

Hellfish

Was possibly thinking of pulling the trigger on a Clam Expedition Ice Fishing hut without the floor. I am having issues finding a review for this. Is there anyone who has used this or could possibly recommend something in the 200ish area that would be similar. Looking to buy it for thursday so kind of short notice. I am in the Niagara area

This is the link

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...=0076919125269a

Edited by Hellfish

I got the Eskimo Quick Fish 3 for Christmas.

Cabelas lists it st $299, but Costco had a bunch for $179, I don't know if any stores have any left.

I haven't tried it on the ice yet, but have set it up on the deck...lotsa room inside, a little bigger than the one you're looking at but very similiar. I like that it has room to stand fully upright.

FYI

The Eskimos have had reliability issues with the windows.

Make sure to remove them before folding the tent up.

They have been cracking when folded because of the cold, so put them in the bag last and don't fold them.

I would remove the windows from any shelter just in case.

FYI

The Eskimos have had reliability issues with the windows.

Make sure to remove them before folding the tent up.

They have been cracking when folded because of the cold, so put them in the bag last and don't fold them.

I would remove the windows from any shelter just in case.

I don't think the windows are removable on my hut. They're integrated in to the walls of the tent with a velcro flap to cover them.

I haven't tried it on the ice yet, but have set it up on the deck...lotsa room inside, a little bigger than the one you're looking at but very similiar. I like that it has room to stand fully upright.

Ya...it isn't easy to take a leak all bent over... :rolleyes:

Ya...it isn't easy to take a leak all bent over... :rolleyes:

...well some need more room than others...

Geez Beans, I even specifically said "upright" rather than "erect" to avoid this conversation. :rolleyes:

I have the base camp which is just a foot wider than the expedition. Great hut when its not windy. But she's a pain setting up in the wind, especially today.

Thats good info for sure, TY. Is there one thats similar that would be easier in the wind. I am Kind of a loaner when it comes to ice fishing and more than likely would be setting it up myself. Was looking at maybe getting the one irishfield is selling looks like a heck of a deal just a 7hr round trip is hard to find the time to do that.

I don't think the windows are removable on my hut. They're integrated in to the walls of the tent with a velcro flap to cover them.

It's my understanding that the new Eskimos have removable windows now because of the failures they were experiancing.

I have a 3 man sub zero and the windows are removable.

...well some need more room than others...

Geez Beans, I even specifically said "upright" rather than "erect" to avoid this conversation. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that Chief but I couldn't resist (Da devil made me do it... :devil: )