Weed'Ez artificial vegitation??

Curtis

Most places in the US allow you to place brush piles in lakes. Works great for fish. It attracts them every time. I look for guys placing trees on the ice each year and mark with GPS to find them in spring. They will always produce for me.

I think thats going a little far ??? Building artificial reefs or structure is good sense but to spend cash on what mother nature is already doing naturally well......I already cuss the weeds out as I'm ripping them off the bottom so I don't think I'd go out and spend my hard earned cash to put plastic ones back in. I'm sure there will be someone out there interested in this stuff..... but not I

Actually guys i wasn't going to fork out money for them. I was thinkin of making my own kinda thing.. I have a bunch of burlap i was thinkin of makin something up because the lake i live on has nothing in deep water for structure its like a bath tub. And the fish are out in 20ft of water but they are everywhere not holding to any particular spot..

yeah

but you take the plastic ones home with you each night

you set up on the ice, cut a few holes around the one you want to fish put down the weeds and fish

then remove them if you move to a new spot

It is an interesting concept Terry but wouldn't it take a little time to attract fish to some newly placed weeds or would they just come and hang right away ?? Heres a thought...What about those suspended fish that don't hang around weeds..The possibilities are endless :D

first if you are icefishing, you are fishing s spot that you believe there is fish

if there isn't natural cover in the area the fish will come to cover, always

even if you were to suspend the weeds to get suspended fish, the fish in the area will move to the cover

25 or so years ago I was placing xmas trees all over cooks bay in areas near were there were fish but not good cover and on dropoffs that should hold fish

within days I would be catching fish in those areas

the barrie bassmasters are collecting xmas trees right now to make fish habitat on simcoe

25 years ago? from the look of you on the video you must have been doing since you were 4 years old!!!

the barrie bassmasters are collecting xmas trees right now to make fish habitat on simcoe

the video is from the bassmaster collecting trees now

Edited by Terry®