Bay of Quinte - Christmas Eve Fishing

Jeff_C

We hit the ice for a short fish on Christmas Eve morning. Everyone managed to catch some fish. Although the area that we were checking didn't seem to hold as many fish as some of the others that we have been to, we still managed to catch 10 walleye. We will be back out tonight.

So far the bite has been pretty decent. We have caught fish all over the Bay. That is really good to see!

Jeff

That all depends on where you go. Adolphus reach is open water. Areas in the eastern end had anywhere from 1" to 6" depending on where you go. The western end had anywhere from 3" to 7". That said, we have had a lot of rain overnight and today, so the areas with less ice will be bad. Hopefully the areas that had more will survive it. I will be out this afternoon to see what is still safe.

Jeff

That all depends on where you go. Adolphus reach is open water. Areas in the eastern end had anywhere from 1" to 6" depending on where you go. The western end had anywhere from 3" to 7". That said, we have had a lot of rain overnight and today, so the areas with less ice will be bad. Hopefully the areas that had more will survive it. I will be out this afternoon to see what is still safe.

Jeff

How's your liability insurance?

Jim

Anything that was less than 6" will be questionable for sure. I don't give recommendations to anyone during the early ice as the conditions can change so rapidly. I'll have a better idea after I go check it out tonight.

Jeff