Vicious Fishing Line

rbaquial

Hey,

I tried doing a search on this product already... both on here and online... Was wondering, has anyone used this product yet? I bought it a couple months back,

but probably won't be spooling it until soft water season returns.

Just wanted to get a general idea of what people thought of it, for those whom have used it.

Here's the link on WFN, for 1st timers hearing about this product...

http://www.wfn.tv/video/video.php?video=401731

Thanks!

A2F

I have the 6, 8, 10 & 12lb 660yd spools of copolymer. I've used the 8lb on my spinning reels and haven't had any issues with it. I have the 12lb on a bait caster that I haven't used all that much.

I'm going to try the 6lb on an ultra light setup next year.

It probably won't be until later next year that I've got some better experience with it.

Awesome Guys - Thanks.

I am trying to find a "GO-TO" line for Fluorocarbon. At 1st I was PURELY using BERKLEY VANISH and thought (at 1st) that it was the way I was tying the knots. :dunno:

Then came a post online... saying Vanish was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! Now, I know why! :P Anyway, I'm gonna use this stuff next season, and I'll let you know.

PS: I got this VICIOUS stuff @ BPS, they were on sale at the time.

EDIT: What do you guys recommend for FLUOROCARBON lines? (non-leader material)

Edited by A2F

I have had very good success with BPS 100% fluoro, P-Line 100% fluoro and Berkley 100% fluoro. The real trick I have found with fluorocarbon line is if you are using it on a spinning reel, try not to go beyond 8 lb test and if you do choose to use 8 or even 10 then every so often (2 or 3 times per day) you should cut your bait off and let your line out behind the boat while the boat is moving to remove the twist... the biggest problems occur due to line twisting techniques like in-line spinners and drop shotting. The line twist when left unmaintained will cause the dreaded blow off your spool.

On the other hand when used on a baitcaster, the majority of these problems are greatly decreased. The remaining problems often deals with line memory but a good stretching after a long lapse in fishing time will solve that with most lines.

For me the bonuses of fluorocarbon far outweigh the negatives... having less stretch, virtual invisibility and better abrasion resistance is worth it IMO

JP

I have tried many brands of flouro over the years and for the most part I have not been impressed with the performance having said that I tried Seagar Red Label this past year and it is the best I have used.

My weekend fisherman view of flouro is that it is not worth the hassle as a main line but does have an application as leader material.

IMHO for the average fisherman out there a good Stren or Trilene product is all you need.

Guest steel'n'esox

I never use floro for a main line only as a leader for bows, will use as a leader for walleyes, smallies etc, tried it on muskies dont like it, only use it on topwater muskies as a leader, 130lb min

I just picked up a 4 lb test spool of http://www.p-line.com/product_detail.php?id=94 for use as leader material for panies through the ice. It's called P-line CX Premium. I've only used it 4 times but am really happy with it so far. Its supposed to be "fluoro coated copolymer"...whatever that is. It's the strongest/thinnest four pound line I've ever used, has no memory, ties like butter and seems unaffected by the cold. The only other fluoro I've used is 12 lb Seaguar InvisX which I like for bass and walleye in the summer and small pike in the winter.

It took me a while to get on the fluoro leader bandwagon but after spending a season using it I'll never go back to straight braid.