Beer and boats

Cookslav

I have a hard time with your statement "If and when I am caught and fined I will stop going to Ontario" that your basing your decision to continue to come to our province on not being able to break our laws without consequences. My guess with an attitude like that you would most likely skip out the province without paying the fine also.

If you knowingly break a law you should be at least ready to pay the piper if caught and fined & not blame anyone but yourself.

Yep, that's me....I'm wanted in almost every state that's why I go to Canada..... :rolleyes::D

Back in the day it was very common to have a beer or 2 while you were out fishing and nobody really ever gave it a second thought, but I spose things have changed alot over the years.

Myself & 2 buds were heading out from the trailer park one afternoon about 25 years ago for a few hours of fishing and threw 6 beers in the icebox just like we always did. As we were motoring down the lake...I was driving....we got stopped by the police boat. He gave the boat the usual check for safety gear, then asked me what was in the icebox. I said we've got 6 beers for the fishing trip and he said "thank you sir, have a great day and good luck fishing"

Everybody was sober, polite & friendly and the coppers weren't the least bit concerned.

About 10 years ago 2 friends of mine were out fishing the same lake and got stopped by the police. The friend driving the boat was drinking a bottle of water but his brother had a beer in the cooler that he hadn't opened yet. He had to dump the beer in the lake and was given a $150 fine.

Just similar incidents with different outcomes.

Rented cottages and such qualify as residences by law. It is where you are living. Why would a rented ice cabin be different?

And Dara...really? Laws have never been aimed at those who are responsible. Unfortunately too few of us are. Again, you live where you can go on a lake and not see a boat all day, but where most people live the lakes are as busy as a highway and you'd better have your wits about you or trouble is soon to follow.

Bill C68 *only* targetted the responsible.

Mornin Lew O'Clock and Group

to be sure---similar incidents---different outcomes

pretty contentious issue--Booze On the Water--and for good reason right?

the Coppers have discretionary powers---the way it should go is--you treat me square--i treat you square

to fine a guest guy with an unopened beer to have with his lunch is abuse of that Cops power trip--Rookie maybe?

they hassle me from time-to-time---we run a Tight Ship--give em enough time--they will find something it appears

Water on the Water---Canadian Beer on the PIER

TJ got a total?

Merry Christmas