Legend 16 XCITE SC 2009

cowanjo

The only people I have talked to that didn't like the Legend boats are people who don't own one.I've had mine for 3 years and have had 0 issues so far.I really like my 16 Exterminator with the 50 2-stroke.Does 30 mph on the gps with just me or my family of 5 in it.Yah the 75 opti would have been great but I wanted to get a good , brand new boat on the water for a reasonable price.I think you will be good with the 40 on the smaller boat but go with the biggest motor you can afford.Sure some other boats have more bells and whistles but the best bang for my buck was and still is a Legend.Some day when we win the lotto649 I will buy a Lund 2110 with a 225 opti but till then I'll fish the crap out of the Legend.

Also , I bought mine from a dealer north of Kingston.They are great to deal with.I have only ever had to do routine maintence so I can't say how they are for repairs.

Here are a few boats I like. Crestliner fishhawk, Lund predator, Lund explorer, Alumacraft dominator. They all have something I like in their layouts. I wish I could mix and match and build the perfect boat. With that being said all these boats are pretty expensive. When I look at the Legend line up I don't see the same thing as these other boats. I wish I did cause they have geat pricing on their boats and in the end I could have a lot of money vs buying the other boats. Maybe that's why their cheaper, because they don't have the same things. I don't know. Good luck with whatever boat you buy. Just make sure it has what you want and you will be happy. I think Legend has nice boats. If they didn't then they would probably be out of business. One thing like others have said. Get the max HP if you can afford it. You'll be a lot happier in the long run.

I would also research other boats then the legends ie, mirrorcraft, smokercraft, ultracraft, sylvan, etc... lots of choices I was looking for 2 years and was greatly considering a legend(cause it would of fit nicely in the garage) but what I did instead is buy a 14ft smokercraft to hold me until I found the best deal I could. Now since you already have a 14ft I would wait and look around until you find "your best deal".

We bought Rick's Legend a few years ago and it's been great to us! Legend is notorious for selling underpowered boats but if everyone knows this and yet they still buy them underpowered who's fault is it? Some people can't afford to upgrade the engine and having an underpowered boat is better then no boat at all.

We bought Rick's Legend a few years ago and it's been great to us! Legend is notorious for selling underpowered boats but if everyone knows this and yet they still buy them underpowered who's fault is it? Some people can't afford to upgrade the engine and having an underpowered boat is better then no boat at all.

I think that sums it up nicely.

Jim

Edited by Radnine