Teaching an old dog

misfish

Two years ago,a robotic welder was dropped on to my lap, as a takeover job.Like I said awhile back,I had no clue about this,but the company figured I could work it out :huh: . I have JUST gotten by after 2 years :wallbash: .It wasnt easy,but I did keep the production going. :whistling:

This course, was made for the hands on kind of guy.(I learn best this way).Well it didnt take long to get the hang of this robotics stuff.Talk abit,then show, and then,ok you do.

Well, after 4 days (ya I didnt learn everything) but learned what I needed (program and run the robot and weld), as the fellow worker with me,learned the IO stuff (he,s a brain at this stuff).I got no time to learn that stuff.After all,Im the maintenance guy. :P:lol:

The vids might be boring to some,but to me,I gained so much knowledge,and was able to program the robot and weld as well.

Cant wait to get back to work and play with, MY,robot now. :D

Theres alot involed with programing,but once you know how,it comes fast.

Im not going to do a play by play of the points and weaves and arcs and no arcs.That would take me all night.LOL

This vid,I was to program the robot to trace the same welds as the part.Weld on and off and points and angle.I made a few mistakes,but it worked.

Next was a back part of a seat.One try is all it took. :thumbsup_anim:

This vid is just of, weaving a weld.For parts that have gaps.This one I had a bit of trouble with,but got it.

Now I get to program and weld.Simple stuff,but I am ready for the big stuff. :thumbsup_anim:

Who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks?

Sry to Dave that we couldnt hook up.But thanks so much for the dinner offer.Just got caught up with the course,and was late getting back.

Edited by misfish

cool

I take it is to do repetitive jobs

so if the part isn't in the exact right spot does it weld in the wrong spot or is it smart enough to find the right spot or does an operator need to be there for each part

It,s a weldcell Terry.

There are fixtures mounted to a spin table.The operator puts the parts in place,hit,s the button.The clamps hold the parts inplace,the table spins,and the weld starts.While that is happening,the operator loads up the other station,then hits the button again.When the welding is complete,the table will turn producing the welded parts,and the welder proceeds with the new parts that were added.

Thanks me brudder