Power Bait and Other Scented Plastic

Fishnwire

I have a few pouches of power bait and some jars of little grubs that are several years old. While I'm sure its possible they begin to lose their effectiveness over time and become weaker, do you think there's any chance they can actually "go bad" and begin to emit an odour that is a fish de-tractant? Does anyone think its possible they eventually take on a foul taste/smell? They've been properly sealed in their bags or jars.

Guest skeeter99
I have a few pouches of power bait and some jars of little grubs that are several years old. While I'm sure its possible they begin to lose their effectiveness over time and become weaker, do you think there's any chance they can actually "go bad" and begin to emit an odour that is a fish de-tractant? Does anyone think its possible they eventually take on a foul taste/smell? They've been properly sealed in their bags or jars.

dont think they go bad, probably the stinkier the better IMO from the past

but I have had them go really gooeeeyy and clump all together

even ones that were store in good conditions low heat and humidity

Last winter I left a bucket of Gulp Alive leeches in the shed up north, and it seemed no different this year. Like somebody else said, the stuff in bags just seems to get a little gooier and ranker, not necessarily a bad thing.....

So does Freezing hurt any of the scented baits or gulp alive ?

Any one know ?

So does Freezing hurt any of the scented baits or gulp alive ?

Any one know ?

I've left power grubs and tubes in my ice fishing bag which I then left in my Jeep for days at a time. They seem OK. Come to think of it, I've left powerbait at camp over the winter, so I think you're OK. A closed tub of Gulp! might crack because of all the liquid though...I don't know.