New Lund Mr. Pike 17 Foot (2007)

alexw

Hi everyone,

I am almost committing to buy a new 2007 Lund Mr. Pike 17ft boat. The boat has never been used and comes with a Merc 115hp 4-stroke, a 70Lb MinnKota trolling motor, Lowrace x102c fishfinder and 3 batteries. Upgraded trailer to single axle with brakes.

The boat is in the U.S and the price is 21,000 US dollars. Before I commit with a deposit, I would like a second opinion from you guys. does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks,

Alex

I have to agree with misfish, the lund in the classifieds here is an awesome deal, and the boat looks like its in mint shape. The only draw back is it's 10 years older than the one you are looking at, but is also $14K cheaper.

Thanks for the quick responses. I am actually looking to buy a new boat since I am not much of a handy man and does not want problems that might comes with an used boat. I agree the one in our classified has a great price, but on the other hand, if I buy new now, and after 10 years of usage, I can still sell it at 7K price, which does not sound so bad.

So my question still remains, comparing with other 08, 09 or 2010 new boats, is this a good deal?

Thanks,

Alex

If it were me, I'd buy the red one in the classifieds. Boats last a long time, especially around here where they go into hibernation for a couple of months every winter. It's not like buying a car you drive every day.

14 grand is a huge price difference. Plus you get a kicker motor to boot. No-brainer, to me.

There's something great about putting the first dent in one... lol

..but I suspect some shopping will find that boat in Ontario at similar costs without the hassles of cross border shopping. Let me do some poking around..

Im sure you should be busy "poking" some where else. ;):lol: