March flyfishing in Toronto...

Crazyhook

You can always try fly fishing the islands for pike. Ample room for back casts in a lot of the places and if it gets windy, you can move to another sheltered canal. The problem with fly fishing around Toronto is the pedestrian traffic although in March, I'd imagine it would be lighter than in summer. The spit is another option - Kilometers of shoreline to fish and open if you have waders.

Humber for steelhead and suckers is another option.

I will bring a bulldawg for you Lew!! Lew you still coming to Ottawa this weekend?

Bulldawgs on a flyrod....perfect !!

We'll be arriving about 5:00 Friday afternoon Jamie, are you guys in for supper Saturday night ??

yeah, maybe when we get closer to the time we should bring this topic back up. i never tried fly fishing before, never touched a fly rod in my life. Usually when i stay to fish in toronto, i go down to the spits, and conviently, now they are opening a CTC there. awesome! do you guys know when it's opening?

have no idea what the spits are

The spit is a piece of land that juts out into lake Ontario. Pack light because it's a long hike end to end. Better yet, hire DSN for the day as that's around his home turf. He accepts donuts and cookies as payment for a half a day trip and dinner for a full days guiding...Of which I have yet to pay for last seasons adventures...

Edited by MJL