More Muskies from NWO

troutologist

Snow started as we hooked the boat up and headed east towards the Ontario border. As we neared our destination for the night it picked up in intensity. We arrived tossed some steaks on the grill and enjoyed a couple beverages.

Winter road conditions prevailed as we pressed on towards the icy, snowcovered boat launch. No other vessels ventured forth and we enjoyed a great (calm) late fall day on the water. Went 2 for 3 on muskies and caught a few fat pike. Water temps have started to drop quickly and we found successful trolling speeds to similarly drop.

Our first action came 10minutes into the day, as one rod was stopped dead and huge slow motion headshakes followed....sadly this fish came unpinned. It was big. We've hooked a big fish in this same spot 3 weeks in a row without being able to land it. A few pike later we trolled past the same area hoping for another shot...but to no avail.

Convinced I would raise a giant, I pulled the 13" Jakes all day. Reeling in to change spots I saw a shadow slowly following behind my bait. About 10 big slow circles boatside and she ate....good thing because pulling that big bait around was tiring.

DSCN3861.jpg

Trolled for about 6 hours then in various areas with no major action. Right at the end of the day a buddy hits this fish wihch is getting up into respectable size class.

DSCN3873.jpg

Great day for sure....sadly I think the boat is going away this week. (But Ii've said this for the past 3 weeks...)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
you gotta try one more week for that monster that got off!!!!! :o

I know this fella, and right now he's sitting at work unable to think of nothing but...

I'll put 20 on his boat staying out one more weekend...

Good looking fish! It's nice to see you getting so hardcore into the muskie fishing. Hopefully that means you can come home and we can go after winger's fish again...if she's still with us, she ought to be several inches over your 50 mark.

Ya that would be fun...I actually got a tip this morning on some closer to home muskies...

Ya Im trying to get my schedule worked out to take Wed off....when a fish tries to eat 10lb pike you've got to go...

Mike had to stop hair farming. It was just getting bad....it was warmer in the tiller though...