Hope you and Skud had some success today.

misfish

Today was another day I had the pleasure to spend with Skud in the bush looking for brown furry fellas and gals. On the road by 5am,parked by 5:30.walking in at 5:58.

How do I know this,because I fixed the clock on the trail cam. :D

Can you see we walked in on someone?

20091127_14.jpg

20091127_13.jpg

Never even noticed the flash. :rolleyes:

So with the wind and the rain and bit of snow that fell,we headed into the bush.By 6:10 ,Skud is set and off I go to the climber for an couple of hours,then head to the far stand.

All that was seen by me was, two over wieght racoons dragging thier butts to bed and a few squirrels. :angry:

Like said,the weather was abit on the crappy side.There were those times, that the wind would stop and that quiet in the bush would stay for a few minutes.Those are the times when you think something is going to come out.

Anyhoo,once 12 pm came,I head to hook up with Skud to hear if he had anything happening.Same report as I. Someone did come into the buch sometime this week.My feeder was cut off the tree and my rope to pull up your bow was cut. Why this senceless move? One never knows.I figured they did a push to move the deer deeper onto the ajoining property for next weeks hunt, and came accross my stand and thought they would be jerk offs.Ohwell,like water on a ducks back.

So after hooking up,it was time for a quick bite, then work was to be done before the afternoon hunt.Yep move the field stand and make the ground blind.

We started the field stand first.Like I said before,I wanted to move it closer to the cornfield, and alittle deeper into the bush.

Done

20091128_06.jpg

Now off to construct the ground blind.

The beaver gets to work. :lol:

20091128_01.jpg

In this vid,you can understand why I stayed my distance.WILD MAN WITH A BLADE. :w00t::w00t:

The view from inside the ground blind.

20091128_05.jpg

Good job Skud. :thumbsup_anim:

So after all the work was done,it was time to sit til dark.Nothing again. :dunno::dunno:

Ohwell,some great fresh air,9 hrs in the stands and the outdoors, and great company.

Looks like Doug and I will be teaming up next year.From start til finish.Looking forward to that.

Not the report I wanted to post,but hey,theres always next weekend.

You guys that are hunting next week,good luck and hunt safe.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by misfish

Maybe we have to start harvesting all those squirrels running around out there. My toes and fingers have finally stopped tingling thanks to the Rye. :wacko: Thanks for the outing Brian. Until next time.

Maybe if you could hit an apple you might have a chance. :lol:

The rye yes,has done the job. ;):lol:

Looking forward to our next outing. Maybe make a hat out of them night robbers. Man they were so fat,they moved like porcupinnes. Waddel,waddel.LOL

Keep it up... they are THERE!!

I KNOW, I KNOW,they just wont play fair.Do these deer know how much gas is these days? :rolleyes::lol:

Just wish I could get this doe scent off my fingers.Every sip of rye, reminds me of the girl. :o:D:lol:

Edited by misfish

I KNOW, I KNOW,they just wont play fair.Do these deer know how much gas is these days? :rolleyes::lol:

Just wish I could get this doe scent off my fingers.Every sip of rye, reminds me of the girl. :o:D:lol:

i had a bottle of the natural not the synthetic code blue doe pee break in my pocket and got it all over my hand and my trucks smells ridiculous now!!!!!!! <_< i know the feeling brian or the smell i should say

Always next time Brian...good luck.

There seems to be some poachers around where I am...heard two shots ring out at 7:45 and another single at 8:30....hard to tell exactly where they came from, as I was in the swamp, but it sure sounded closed. :wallbash:

shooting chikens maybe?