Ice Fishing Outfitter!

tilly

Hey everyone...

As the title suggests I'm in the process of trying to find an outfitter for some early 2010 ice fishing. Last year we spent a few days on Callander Bay; despite that being our introduction to the sport, we did manage to catch a few fish, haha. I like to think that our skills have vastly improved so we're looking for another great lake/outfitter to check out. Our range is probably about Sudbury (coming from Niagara) but it all depends on our options...

cheers...

Check out Surestrike Cabins on Nosbonsing...I've heard good things....better to call as the website may be a touch out of date.

Otherwise, my vote would be to head up to Temagami...I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions on outfitters up that way.

Simcoe has some really good outfitters.

I have been out with many there and here's a list of some really good ones.

Bill's Fish Huts

Casey's Fish Huts

Floyd Hale's Fish Huts

If you're looking for these and other Ontario Ice Fishing Outfitters look here.

Scroll about 1/2 way down the page.

Ice Fish Ontario

do you want to stay on the ice or does that matter? There's options out there where you stay in a camp and they take you to day huts. Opens up a lot of different fisheries too... not everywhere has those hotels on ice. Another option is hiring a guide and arranging your own accommodations. No matter what though, research the fishery first. Find out everything you can about how the lake you're looking at fishes in the winter. For me anyhow, catching fish is above and beyond all else. Good luck.

Edited by BenBeattie