Question for Deer hunters

Rattletrap2

Folks,

I was just out in the yard a few minutes ago with the dog for his nightly excursion and heard all kinds of cracking branches and trees. It is a beautiful still night sitting right on the 0 degree mark. I also heard some grunting or snorting noises coming from the same area as the other noises.

I went inside for my q-beam and when I shone it across the yard, there were three beautiful Doe heading back into the bush from the river!

My question is this. Is the grunting sound a part of the rut? I have yet to see a Buck around here.

Okay, second question. Could this mean that there was a Buck out there close by?

Thanks for the help folks! I've obviously never hunted, but I am curious to learn more about these fascinating creatures!

Chances are you spooked them. One may of been trying to call a fawn that may of been with it.

Usually a loner doe with give a giant snort (clearing their nose IMO) before they bolt. Scares the livin heck out of ya when your walking to a stand in pitch dark and walk up on one.

Edited by Harrison