Question around Crossbows vrs Compounds

Harrison

Hi all, quick question.

I have searched the FAQ of a couple sites with no quick answer.

If a guy hunts only with a compound for the last few years and hurts his shoulder at hockey, would he need a PAL to use a crossbow til he recovers?

Thanks

Edited by Harrison

I heard a rumour that "they" were trying to include crossbows into the firearm category.

Was that just a rumour, or was it attempted?

i read that too somewhere ...but ill be damed if i can find it ....

with a sore shoulder you are better off with a crossbow ...you can use two hands and a foot to load it

There was talk a few years ago about needing the PAL for a crossbow. Nothing ever came of it. Only requirement to purchase a crossbow is that you are 18 years of age or older. Asking a comparison of compound to crossbow is apples to oranges. Bow vs Crossbow, correct. Recurve vs Compound, correct. Bow vs Compound, incorrect. I have a Ten Point compound crossbow, my friend has an Excaliber recurve crossbow.

If you are going to use a crossbow for hunting, just as you have used a bow, keep in mind that the conditions set for a firearm are the same for you while you are using archery. Unloaded in/on a vehicle, cased from 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunset.

Edited by anonymous