A Few Days on the Bay of Quinte

Mike the Pike

You should consider one for Lakair.

Oh wait, you have!

Chris has done his share of guiding on the West Arm for Kevin but I guess that's different since y'all are just friends.

HA!!!... If Chris is a West Arm guide, I want my dang money back!!! ;) What kind of a guide gets a hook thru the finger while he's trying to land your "in the slot" Wall-ice??? :P ... just kidding Chris B) ... I told you not to touch my Sabiki rig!!! :rolleyes:

I have a few friends that are guides... but honestly, I didn't know they couldn't be my friends if they were guides! :(

The most notable being Ian McKenzie (I think he's the 3rd McKenzie brother to Doug and Bob) of Reelmaccoy.com fishing charters in Cold Lake Alberta. He put me and some of the wifes kin on a most memorable day of reeling in some of the finest Lake Troot I've ever seen in person or in pictures while trolling!!!

... but at the end of the day when he started Bull'n me and blowin' smoke up my butt by telling me " You guys caught a lot of nice fish today"... I told him real quick "we didn't catch diddley squat"!!!... all we did was reel in your fish for you!!!... he looked me straight in my eye and I looked him straight in his and he just busted out laughing!... it was the truth and he knew I knew it!!!

Trolling... it is all the skill of the captain/guide!!!... sure you have to fight the fish when it's your turn on the rod... but how much skill does it take to land a "dirty wet diaper"(cold water Walleye)???

Trolling with a guide is one of the easiest ways to catch fish there is!!!... heck!.. even women and small children can do it!!!... all you have to do is wait for "your turn" on the rod! :P

Casting, jigging, and bottom fishing require a bit more skill... but are generally looked down upon by your run of the mill slackard type trolling charter fisherman!!!

Glen, I agree with your sentiment there. I actually tried jigging with Lexx on Sunday am, but that didn't work either.

Memart and I strained the bay for days but we only had a few weeds to show for our trouble. Rob is a great host, many thanks to misfish's bro for dragging me along on this trip.

Also, thanks to MikethePike and Glen for allowing me to share their accommodations. I know already about the snoring, I can't apologize for that. Hope that the hearing protection worked.

I get what yer saying Dog, but I find it ironic that if it was that easy, how come the vast majority of boats out there, numbering I'm sure in the hundreds, got little or nothing on the weekend? If you think that trolling is as simple as letting out line, sitting back and waiting, then you are kidding your self.

Sure, an experienced captain helps a lot, but the angler has to recognize what they are seeing on their graph and use that info to garner fish. You don't need to have or be a captain to do that.

HH

Glen, I agree with your sentiment there. I actually tried jigging with Lexx on Sunday am, but that didn't work either.

Memart and I strained the bay for days but we only had a few weeds to show for our trouble. Rob is a great host, many thanks to misfish's bro for dragging me along on this trip.

Also, thanks to MikethePike and Glen for allowing me to share their accommodations. I know already about the snoring, I can't apologize for that. Hope that the hearing protection worked.

Doug it was great haveing you out there we sure covered a lot of water with nothing to show for it

but it's not always about what you catch

Rob

Doug it was great haveing you out there we sure covered a lot of water with nothing to show for it

but it's not always about what you catch

Rob

Ok douG,WHAT DID YOU SAY,,,,,,,,,,,OR WHAT DIDNT YOU SAY,,,,, :lol:

it's not always about what you catch

Those words bro ,are no truer then that.

Glad you boys and gals had a great and safe time out there.